My Husband "Subvet" says that when our first son "Sonshine" was born the sun rose on our world, when our second son "Gator" was born the sun laughed and when our daughter "Sugars" was born all the flowers bloomed. That says it all.

"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...
It's about learning how to dance in the rain."
Anonymous

Your mind is the garden, your
thoughts are the seeds, the harvest can either be flowers or weeds. — William
Wordsworth

Thursday, March 6, 2008

Thesaurus Thursday

I've been thinking.....maybe I should try to make one of those linky button things for Thesaurus Thursday that you can put on your sidebars?????

Oh, sorry, I forgot, I am a photoshop retard. Guess not!

Well, at any rate, if you win an award, feel free to post it on your blog somewhere!!

Just in case this is your first time by here on a Thesaurus Thursday, the "rules" of Thesaurus Thursday are as follows:

First and foremost, leave as many funny definitions for either word (or both) as you can think up in the comments!! The ones that make me laugh the hardest will be given the Silly Goose Award.


Next, if you know (or think you know) the true definitions without looking them up then be sure and leave those in the comments too!! All definitions that are correct (or close enough for government work and Mighty Mom) will win the Smarty Pants Award!


Awards will be given out in Monday's post, so don't forget to come and see if you won!

This week's words are:



remuda

repechage

5 comments:

BumbleVee said...

okay... let me see...

remuda.. methinks I recall something out of an old western... talking about horses... maybe a group of pack horses?

Diane@Diane's Place said...

I don't know how to code a button for a sidebar....maybe I need to try to figure it out...

Remuda I know. Bumblevee hit it pretty close. It's a group of horses the cowboys choose from every day, especially on a trail drive.

Repechage? Not a clue, so I'll try for funny on this one. Notice I say "try".

Repechage: French word meaning to strike with violent force.

Usage: Francois, why you repechage me upside the head like zat?

nancy said...

remuda - (re mud' uh) The guy who comes in to do the drywall over, after you tried to do it yourself.

Linda said...

I have sat here for several minutes doing nothing but staring at these words while my brain refuses to do anything with them at all. Okay, so, I guess that muscle relaxers work on the brain as well as the back ... duh ... I guess I shall just have to be happy to see what everyone else comes up with this week.

Stephanie D said...

Repechage--to pechage over and over again.