My Husband "Subvet" says that when our first son "Sonshine" was born the sun rose on our world, when our second son "Gator" was born the sun laughed and when our daughter "Sugars" was born all the flowers bloomed. That says it all.

"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...
It's about learning how to dance in the rain."
Anonymous

Your mind is the garden, your
thoughts are the seeds, the harvest can either be flowers or weeds. — William
Wordsworth

Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Answering Questions

I love it when y'all ask me questions in the comments cause then I always have an "easy" post heehee.

For starters, this came in an email when I accused Linda of sending her snow to me after she'd put up this post....

Snow? What snow? You got snow??

Yes, after a week or more of 75 degree ish weather we dropped suddenly Mon night into the low 30s and got a fair bit of snow. I took these about 8AM from my living room and back deck. There was much more snow to be seen along the main drag. But the roads were clear (wet) so we headed into Preschool as usual...only to find that it was opening an hour and a half late. *sigh* Poor Sonshine was devastated. Mama wasn't thrilled either as it meant I lost my chance to go to the library for a couple new books to read. Maybe I'll get there next week! The coolest thing I saw on that trip to school was snow sticking to telephone poles all the way up....but it'd been melted off on the east side as the sun came up so they looked like vertical frosted pole shaped cookies....well at least they did to me. I wish I'd had a camera with me as it was really cool that they were exactly half snowed.








However, right now at 3AM it is 44 degrees outside so I don't think we'll see any more.


Diana said:
sleep is good and your body obviously needed it. when was your birthday exactly? did i wish you a happy birthday already? well...
My birthday, along with Sugars' is March 2, which you did miss if you didn't read the Texas Independence Day post :-) and Thank you.

how many cats do you have? does sugars (or the boys) try to play with them?
We have 2, they can be glimpsed here and here and various other places around this site. The kids would LOVE to play with the kittys. Sonshine's first word was Kitty. However, the cats don't seem to find much amusement in the kids' games and tend to hide out all day only to appear like magic about 5 minutes after the kids have gone to bed.


My boys like to play a rompin duet periodically!

For those of you who are new to these parts, the taller is Sonshine who just turned 4 last November (the top of his head is even with my bra strap) and the "shorter" is Gator-boy who will be 3 in 13 days (his head is up to my waist) and I am 5'5". It's not the camera angle, they really ARE young giants!

2 comments:

... said...

you're typing on your computer at 3:00 AM? more questions... did you just get home? were you about to go to work? or could you just not sleep?

thanks for answering the questions you get. i don't know about others, but i ask because i'm genuinely wondering :]

Linda said...

I guess for your part of the country that qualifies as snow but ask Subvet about Connecticut snow and I'm sure he'll tell you that weren't nothin'!

I still think it's what you get for teasing me by telling me about those 70 degree temperatures of yours!