My Husband "Subvet" says that when our first son "Sonshine" was born the sun rose on our world, when our second son "Gator" was born the sun laughed and when our daughter "Sugars" was born all the flowers bloomed. That says it all.

"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...
It's about learning how to dance in the rain."
Anonymous

Your mind is the garden, your
thoughts are the seeds, the harvest can either be flowers or weeds. — William
Wordsworth

Friday, March 28, 2008

The Flag.

Well, y'all had some good guesses out there about the flag on my dining room table..but I'm afraid the answer is much less important that that.


1 - We have a flagpole in front of our house

2 - We do not have that flagpole lit at night

3 - Subvet brings in the flag at sundown and folds it correctly (this is how ALL American Flags are to be folded, not just funeral flags), then lays it on the dining room table till morning when he replaces the flag on the pole.

4 - I work nights and keep mostly to my night schedule when off work.

6 - All my pictures are therefore taken in the dead of night, so any that show my dining room table will show the flag.

:-)

You were mostly right though. We fly our flag out of Patriotism to our country and in honor of all members of the US Military, past, present and future.

Thanks for all the great guesses!

3 comments:

... said...

oh! that makes sense. have a great weekend.

nancy said...

I love it that he does that. My husband being a ship captain, he is very particular about the care of the flag, too. Although he is not military, rather merchant marine, that is part of his operating procedure.
Nancy

Linda said...

Oh well, duh! That makes perfect sense! I should've guessed that one but alas, my mind went elsewhere (as it often does!).