My Husband "Subvet" says that when our first son "Sonshine" was born the sun rose on our world, when our second son "Gator" was born the sun laughed and when our daughter "Sugars" was born all the flowers bloomed. That says it all.

"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...
It's about learning how to dance in the rain."
Anonymous

Your mind is the garden, your
thoughts are the seeds, the harvest can either be flowers or weeds. — William
Wordsworth

Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Magic Moments Monday

Stephanie at Scraps is starting a new community involvement post. Please join in!

Here's the ground (breaking) rules.

Mondays, for most people, are the "Ho hum, weekend's over, work is WORK, and can't wait 'til Friday" type of day. My intent is to help us begin our week with something positive, something to hold on to, to get us through the rest of the week. Your entry can be a Scripture verse, a quote, an insight, something that touched your life or changed the way you look at things. I expect some of the first entries to be from the past, until we learn to look each day for those magic moments that remind us how wonderful life really is.

Please leave a comment with a way to find your post, either the link through your signature, or insert the link, so we can all read your experience. Then, on your post, link back to this post, so others visiting you can participate if they'd like.
I am woefully computer illiterate so don't know how to make a logo or do the Mr. Linky thing, so we'll just bunt for now, okay?


Well, it's hard for me to say what gets me through a day. I know I was really gripy at work one night last week....took my blood sugar 104..ummm might need to eat more often!

Seriously, this gets me through most all the rough spots.


One of the biggest reasons I married Subvet was cause he can always make me laugh.

(I loved the beard, but so did Sugars so it's gone now...)


When things are just more than I can stand I usually go into my bedroom (aka the great cat hideout) and just bury my face in a warm, soft, purring cat belly for a few minutes.

And if that doesn't do the trick then I look for something to laugh at. There's always somthing like this around my house:




Remember, it's the little things that make life wonderful.

5 comments:

nancy said...

This is so funny. I think all the boy children in our family have found an occasion to put their underwear on their heads at some point. The GIRLS didn't do that. It's not just funny. It's weird!
Nancy

Anonymous said...

Heeeheeharharhar!! The way Sugars is peeking around from her swing just cracks me UP!

Diane@Diane's Place said...

Only in YOUR house can you find a kid with drawers on his head and none on his bottom, LOL! ;o)

Is Gator still going commando on you? You haven't said anything about the backwards sleepers in a while...

Lamar had a beard when Jessica was about Sugars' size, but he shaved it off for the same reason: OUCH!!

... said...

how many cats do you have? does sugars (or the boys) try to play with them?

Stephanie D said...

Thanks for the participation, MightyMom! I don't have any little ones (except the dog, and she's pretty funny most of the time), but J-Man cracks me up, and so does my adult daughter. They both have quirky senses of humor and are so quick with it!

I'm with MammyT--my daughter never wore her panties on her head, but my nephews had no mercy--and still don't!