My Husband "Subvet" says that when our first son "Sonshine" was born the sun rose on our world, when our second son "Gator" was born the sun laughed and when our daughter "Sugars" was born all the flowers bloomed. That says it all.

"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...
It's about learning how to dance in the rain."
Anonymous

Your mind is the garden, your
thoughts are the seeds, the harvest can either be flowers or weeds. — William
Wordsworth

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Though Job!!

I have a hard job tonight!

I have to taste test pecan pies.......don't you feel bad for me??

Pecan pies are my absolute favorite! I've even asked for them for my birthday...in March. :-)

Hubby decided to take a crack at making them so he found 2 recipies and made both. Now I have to decide if I like the light or the dark better...

I'm naughty enough to be woo'd by the dark side!! ;-)


Now, as I sit here in sugared pecan slendor I will attempt to relay to you a conversation that Sonshine and I had on the way home from church tonight. This conversation lasted the entire 30 min ride home and he talks like a certain midwestern friend of mine (waaaay fast) so I'm sure I've missed parts of what he said. But here's a snippet.


Mom "Let's talk about the Star of Bethelem....do you remember the star?"
...."Remember? the star was SOOOOO big in the sky and it showed everybody where Jesus was!"......."Who came to see Jesus?"

Sonshine prattles on about something else so I go back to it...this is common with him.

Mom "Who came to see Jesus? Remember? There were shepards...and??"

Sonshine "and sheep! BBAAAAA!"

Mom "yes, and who else came?"

Sonshine "and the animals"

Mom "yup, there were animals there....and who else saw Jesus?"

Sonshine "and the cross!"

Mom "No, the cross came later...who came to see Jesus?"

Sonshine "Momma, you go with Jesus, I'm staying with God."

Mom "huh?.....(Mom's struck dumb for a bit)....well, tell me again about the great big Star of Bethlehem in the sky that showed where Jesus was....who saw Baby Jesus in the Manger?"

Sonshine "the animals! Jesus was at the Zoo talking to the animals Momma!"

This is when Mightymom conceeds the conversation and focuses on keeping the car out of the ditch...which is where it decided to head toward while I was too busy laughing my fool head off!

So, remember folks. I'm going with Jesus to the zoo to talk to the animals while my 5 year old is gonna stay with God!







When I told Subvet about our conversation he said "You know those emails about things teachers have heard from elementary kids?....Sometimes our son has them all beat, hands down!"

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Too cute :)

Susan said...

Only a child!!! How adorable.
Susan

Susan said...

On your comment on my Following blog: I don't know but who ever is better not be blind :o) Matthew 15:14b "And if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch." Just couldn't resist!!!!! We don't want to end up in any ditch.
Susan

ellen b. said...

So would you say he is a stream of consciousness conversationalist ?? Too funny...It would be interesting to go with Jesus to the zoo...

Unknown said...

Love It! And glad you found my mistake hilarious too!

EDGE said...

Kids are cool!

Stephanie D said...

Hey, I'm going to the zoo with Sonshine. Not only does Jesus talk to animals, they talk back to Him and I want to be there!

Linda said...

You just have to love the directions that a child's mind goes from time to time, don't you? Even if it does cause you to have to pay closer attention to your driving!

ABNPOPPA said...

OK, OK, enough with the kids. Let's get down to the real stuff. Which pie was the best and are you going to post the recipe so ABNMOMMA can make it for me. I gotta know, I gotta know!!!