My Husband "Subvet" says that when our first son "Sonshine" was born the sun rose on our world, when our second son "Gator" was born the sun laughed and when our daughter "Sugars" was born all the flowers bloomed. That says it all.

"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...
It's about learning how to dance in the rain."
Anonymous

Your mind is the garden, your
thoughts are the seeds, the harvest can either be flowers or weeds. — William
Wordsworth

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Sonshine's Five!

Who wants to guess where Subvet the Softie decided we needed to go to celebrate??



Oh yes, that mouse is real! He came by and wished Sonshine a Happy Birthday...made the boy's whole night!


I have to say that Chuck E Cheese has improved greatly since my childhood and we all had a good time. They have a system at the door where all kids and parents in a family get stamped with a particular number on the way in....then everyone who leaves with a kid gets checked on the way out to make sure the kid belongs to you. I was impressed.



The food was fairly good, the games as much fun as I remember....without the ball pit that I hate from a kid, mom and nurse perspective! :-)



The games were more or less divided into younger/older sections with several slides and such that didn't require tokens and were perfect for toddlers



Probably the biggest hit for me as a big kid was when the manager walked by and threw a HUGE handful of single tickets into the air....then walked off. It was so fun to see the older kids run and scrounge for those free tickets. Small acts of generocity amaze me these days.




This mouse ISN'T real....unless you count real plastic. This was a "take a pic with ChuckE ride" that Sonshine loved...but my camera's better than theirs :-)




Strollers for 35lb non walking tubs of lard are a must and double as instant high chairs!!


Trying to keep them interested in actually EATING was a challenge to say the least...




This is one of those motion rides where you're right in front of the screen and the chair imitates the motion that you're seeing.


It was a big hit and, along with the Clifford the red dog ride, is at the top of the list for the next time we brave pizza with the mouse!



Then we came home and he got his Birthday Gift from Mom........



No more daytime pull ups! YIPPEEEEE!!


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To all the comments on the last post:


Penless Writer, it does say it all doesn't it?

Enough pics for you Diane and Steph??

Jungle Mom, Sabrae and Mrs4444, how could you tell?? ;-)

Journey of Truth...oh yes it is!

Diana, all these except the close up of Sugar Dumplin were taken with the kids and pets setting, hers is indoor with Macro

Ellen and Diane, the red eye preventor only works if you're close enough to see the orange on their faces before you shoot....with a family of all blue eyes red eye is just a fact of life! Subvet's eyes are light blue so he's actually worse...the kids and I all have denim blue eyes. (glad they look like me in ONE thing anyway)

Pops, I added Three Dog Night just for you and Subvet. Grandma got run over by a reindeer is just for me. ;-)

JenLive! I'm getting there...

Pam in Colorado...it's the camera I did nothing with lighting and such. I just point and shoot, just like at the firing range.

Pam and Linda. I'm just amazed. Even the pics that I think aren't good still look great on the blog.


I am soo hooked!!

7 comments:

Stephanie D said...

Hurray! Lots and lots of pics! LOVE that face on Sugars!

Somehow I missed that whole Chuck E Cheese experience--and I'm not complaining, either!

Diane@Diane's Place said...

Would you believe I've never been to Chuck's joint? Our new mall has one now, but it's the only one around here. Have to go to Memphis or Little Rock for the next closest one.

Looks like y'all had a grand time. Happy #5 to Sonshine! :o)

xoxo

Diane

Susan said...

What a special time, not only for Sonshine birthday boy, but all of you.
Susan

Linda said...

As I was looking at the picture of Sonshine with the mouse in the car I was thinking to myself "I have that same picture but with Jamie in it but it's black and white" then I see that you took it yourself - brilliant!

Looks like a fantastic birthday was had and a fine time shared by all. I never cared for the food at Chuck E. Cheese's but I always enjoyed the games on the few times I took the girls there.

Mrs4444 said...

Your kids are so cute. I don't mind going to CC; I think their pizza is great! :)

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, sweet boy!!!!
I can't believe he's five already.
Ugh.

What a sweetheart.

Baby girl's eyes are just gorgeous.
I wanna squeeze her.

... said...

sorry this is so late...
but happy birthday to sonshine!

looks like you had a great time with the mouse. bet you're glad you have that camera =)