My Husband "Subvet" says that when our first son "Sonshine" was born the sun rose on our world, when our second son "Gator" was born the sun laughed and when our daughter "Sugars" was born all the flowers bloomed. That says it all.

"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...
It's about learning how to dance in the rain."
Anonymous

Your mind is the garden, your
thoughts are the seeds, the harvest can either be flowers or weeds. — William
Wordsworth

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

FEAR NOT!! Just keep praying.

So I've been surfing for about an hour and a half now on this post-election morning and all I see is fear for our country.

Let me lay a few things down here that are running round my skull.

For I know well the plans I have in mind for you, says the Lord, plans for your welfare, not for woe! plans to give you a future full of hope. Jeremiah 29:11

We know that all things work for good for those who love God, who are called according to his purpose. Romans 8:28

Trust in the Lord with all your heart, on your own intelligence rely not;
In all your ways be mindful of Him, and He will make straight your paths. Proverbs 3:5-6


Do not worry about tomorrow; tomorrow will take care of itself. Sufficient for a day is its own evil. Matthew 6:34

Anyone remember Jacob? Jacob was a theif who swindled his brother twice. A scoundrel of the worst ilk.....And God made him Father of all Israel. Father of God's own chosen people.

Saul was a man who persecuted, tortured, and jailed Christ's followers....who later became one of Jesus' Apostles.

There's this doctor, who made his living performing abortions......and then became a great asset to the pro-life movement by sharing his experiences...and his conversion.

Now, anyone who's spent anytime on this blog will know that President-elect Obama makes my skin crawl right off my bones. This would be a good thing if it took the fat too, but since it doesn't I am determined to buckle down and support our nation and the office of President...even if I don't care for the person who's President.

Our job is to support our new leader and not allow hate-speech to tear apart our nation. Now, I will say this is hard for me. Even saying his name is hard for me, as I want to call him everything but a child of God. However, a child of God he is, and my President-elect.

I will pray for him and every decision he and his cabinet make during this term. We know that God can use any person to achieve great things in this world. And he's frequently used the lowliest of scum to bring them about. So please, in the midst of the fearful doom and gloom that you feel. Remember Who is in charge here and What He can accomplish, if only we ask.

Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks, receives; and the one who seeks, finds; and to the one one who knocks, the door will be opened. Which one of you would hand his son a stone when he asks for a loaf of bread, or a snake when he asks for a fish? If you then, who are wicked, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your heavenly Father give good things to those who ask him. Matthew 7:7-11

19 comments:

Susan said...

What a wonderful post!!! So true and well said. Fear is never of God. We must place our trust in God not in man.

The verification word is "watting". I found that interesting :o)
Susan

Kimberly said...

You are so right. We need to pray for our President despite our feelings towards him. We must pray for a conversion of heart for him as well. God is in control not us! You had a nice post on this election morn. God Bless!

Sarah - Kala said...

I said as much in my morning ramblings. Good for you for being positive!!

... said...

you are mighty indeed this morning, ms. mighty mom. thank you for your positive attitude and reminding us who our true leader is.

ellen b. said...

Good Word MM! We are called to pray for our leaders and Trust in God. Blessings...

Rita Loca said...

Thank you!

Stephanie D said...

Good post, MM!

Diane@Diane's Place said...

No matter the will or the ways of men, In GOD I Trust!

jacquie said...

are we a nation that can come together? there has been so much bashing on both sides. i understand that that is the nature of the beast...i believe we can thrive on disagreement and work together to make life better for all of us. that is my hope and it is what i pray for.

Mrs4444 said...

Amen, Sista! Well-said.

Nereus said...

I read your "other Half's" blog quite regularly, and what you posted here is fundamentally what all Christian's in our nation need to reflect upon and do with the change that is happening in our country. God sometimes picks the "least likely" soul to go in the wilderness and do His will. The president elect, through our prayers and His will may bring our nation out of the dark divide we are currently in.

Anonymous said...

I agree!! We should Fear Not! God is in control. We have a duty to honor the leaders of our country, whether we have chosen them personally or not.

Harry said...

I hope you're right.

Sheila said...

I find it interesting that you can only find blogs that do not favor Obama and 'promote fear,' yet I, who do support him, have seen nothing but similar and widespread support for him in the blogs I read. What's more, what I find most often among blogs that don't support him, are people who rely heavily on religion or are bigots/racists, sometimes both. And I feel for those people, because their thoughts are so ingrained in their psyche as to leave no room for change. I don't believe your god would support all the ugliness that is spewing from his followers, do you?

I appreciate the fact that you say you will support the office, and I hope you do so with an open mind. Give him a chance. Don't expect miracles in 120 days... GWB has had 8 years to make a mess of this country.

Whatever stereotypes are seen in another human being, consider the thought that others see stereotypes in yourself. "I'm starting with the (white, 50+ heterosexual, spiritual wo-)man in the mirror."

Anonymous said...

MM, it's not Obama that I fear, it's his ideas and the fact that a nation elected him based on those ideas. I don't hate him at all. I'm just stunned that we are where we are. But I know who is in control ultimately. I just can't deny when I am afraid in the moment. Thanks for the encouragement!
Oh, and I think it's funny (NOT) that people think that President Bush "made a mess" of this country by taking to task the terrorists who declared war on us on 9/11/01. How quickly they forget who the true enemy is. :-(

Ranee @ Arabian Knits said...

I agree that we need to be praying. If the church could pray for Nero, surely we can pray for Obama. However, I do think of Israel and its kings. They turned from God, and God allowed them to have evil kings, be led into captivity. The martyrs as well, prayed for the emperors, but were still fed to the lions and murdered for sport in the colosseum. That doesn't mean that God can't turn it for good, or that we should not pray, but the hardship we will be asked to suffer is true as well.

Unknown said...

Thanks for guiding me here MM. I have been taught that since fear is not of God, then it must be of Satan! You're such a good citizen to remind folks that hate won't get the job ahead of us done. I believe it is a biblical stance to pray for those in authority, even when we disagree with them. I like you, find it hard to even say the name of our president elect, but I will pray for him and his family. I joined the 77 days of prayer which is connected with the Presdential Pray Team. I will also take your advice and continue writing my reps. etc. Thanks for helping me refocus! You're fast becoming a dear friend.
Oh and you reminded me so much of my hubby who keeps reminding me that things don't happen quickly here as they do in - oh let's say - Mexico or Venezuela or Cuba!

Ginger said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
MightyMom said...

Hey folks,

support and respect the office of President or you are showing non-support and non-respect to our entire country. I have and will continue to delete any and all comments that do not respect President-elect Obama.
He is a man. No more, no less. Treat him as such or take it somewhere else!

Mightymom.