My Husband "Subvet" says that when our first son "Sonshine" was born the sun rose on our world, when our second son "Gator" was born the sun laughed and when our daughter "Sugars" was born all the flowers bloomed. That says it all.

"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...
It's about learning how to dance in the rain."
Anonymous

Your mind is the garden, your
thoughts are the seeds, the harvest can either be flowers or weeds. — William
Wordsworth

Thursday, November 20, 2008

Thesaurus Thursday

For next week, work on these:

maypop
mazer



Last Week's Definitions:
Purpure - the heraldic color puple (Congrats Smarty Pants Diane!)

Purine - 1) a white, crystalline coupound, C5H4N4, from which is derived a group of coumpounds including uric acid, xanthine, and caffeine. 2) one of several purine derivatives, esp. the bases adenine and guanine, which are fundamental constituents of nucleic acids.

So, just tell folks you're going to have a cup of processed purine and see if they realize you're talking about COFFEE! :0)


Silly Goose Winners this week are:
Cookie..... said...
"PurPure"... A cop with a stuttering problem attempting to say perpetrator.

Linda said...
Purine - a more pure form of urine (bad, bad, I know - sorry!)




For any newcomers to Thesaurus Thursday, the "rules" can be found here.

For all winners, the Awards can be found on the sidebar to pick up at your leisure.


Now don't forget to leave your comments for the new words!

7 comments:

Cookie..... said...

HEY...Alright...I won! When do you send the money??

Linda said...

A cup of processed purine with Dianne's definition is much better than with mine!

I shall have to give this week's words some thought before submitting a guess. It's still early and I haven't had that cup of purine yet!

Rita Loca said...

maypop, The condition of my waste band after eating Thanksgiving dinner.

mazer, the laser like look only mothers are capable of giving.

ABNPOPPA said...

I like JM's best for Maypop but I will go with a Soda sold only in the month of May.

Mazer, Hmmm, A guy who makes matzo balls.

Anonymous said...

I was finally going to attempt this but I unfortunately read Jungle Mom's definitions and I can't get them out of my mind long enough to create my own. So - I guess I'll wait. Jungle Mom get's my vote on both words. :)

Cookie..... said...

Hmmm...well sir, "Jungle Mom" blew me out of the water with her definitions, so I'm gonna pass. Especially loved the "maser" definition... :-)

JenLive! said...

Maypop - The float holders' biggest fear at the Macy's Thanksgiving day parade.