My Husband "Subvet" says that when our first son "Sonshine" was born the sun rose on our world, when our second son "Gator" was born the sun laughed and when our daughter "Sugars" was born all the flowers bloomed. That says it all.

"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...
It's about learning how to dance in the rain."
Anonymous

Your mind is the garden, your
thoughts are the seeds, the harvest can either be flowers or weeds. — William
Wordsworth

Monday, November 10, 2008

ooo ooo ooo ooo ooo ooo ooo oo

Guess who's gonna buy me a new camera!!?????


you'll never guess!!!!








have you guessed yet?????



















OK, I'll tell you. My JOB!! yup, that's right, Texas Healthcare Resources is gonna buy me a CAMERA!!

HUH? you ask? (you did ask, right?)

Here's the scoop.

It's open enrollment time. And as a part of open enrollment we are asked to fill out a "Health Assessment". This is a confidnetial (meaning it's done by a 3rd party and your employers or insurance carriers don't know the results) questionaire...do you smoke...what's your weight...your BP...that sorta thing. Then it gives you links of places to go for information on improving whatever health risks you have.

And, for every employee who fills out this silly form (no one made you swear to tell the truth either) during enrollment you get a $100 gift card to the store of your choice. Now, in the past I've opted for restaraunts as eating out is something we don't splurge on and yet something that we dearly love to do. However, this $100 is going to be made out to BEST BUY!! and will go directly to a NEW CAMERA!!!!!!!

FYI, these financial incentives are something THR does regularly, so far, this is $300 in gift cards I've "earned" from them. Plus I've got 2 prepaid movie tickets yet to use which I was awarded because a patient mentioned my name (favorably haha) on the patient satisfaction survey that's sent out.

So, be on the lookout for better pictures coming soon! Hope it gets here in time for Christmas!!

11 comments:

... said...

woo-hoo! that's great. i know how much you want a new camera. how very generous of your work. nice little perk =)

looking forward to the pictures.

Unknown said...

Wooo hoo... New Camera here you come! :)

Susan said...

So pleased and happy to hear you are getting this well deserved blessing!!!
Susan

Stephanie D said...

Wow! Great benefit! I'm so glad you're going to get your new camera! ANd I heard the retail stores are going to be having some great sales this year because of the slowdown.

We used to get little cards when patients complimented us--cards that were good for $4.00 in the cafeteria or gift shop. However, that cost the hospital $40,000.00 last year, so that little program has been deleted.

I still have a stack of them, so once in a while I stay for breakfast--on the hospital. I plan to use some of them in the gift shop for Christmas; that is, if I'm ever there when it's open!

Linda said...

Now that's a deal you can't beat with a stick! Our healthcare provider doesn't give us anything but the shaft every year as our premiums get raised along with our deductibles!

ellen b. said...

Yippee! A new camera. Fabulous. My husbands work gives him money towards gift cards too. We're using them for Christmas gifts this year.

Sarah - Kala said...

That's so incredibly awesome!!

Diane@Diane's Place said...

Yee haw! That's great, MM. I guess you'll be trigger happy for a while after you get the new camera. ;o)


Love and hugs,

Diane

Rita Loca said...

NICE!
I thought maybe Obama was going to give you a camera...

Unknown said...

Oh that's great! I'd be excited too. I need a new digital camera. The screen on my camera now is small by today's standards and has recently quit working. I have to use the view finder to take photos now! I didn't get a new one for my bday, so I've now moved it to my Christmas wish list.

Anonymous said...

Awesome~!!!
You so deserve it, my friend! Have fun shopping. I LOVE to go to Best Buy and drool over their cameras. They don't appreciate my drool on their cameras. ;-)