My Husband "Subvet" says that when our first son "Sonshine" was born the sun rose on our world, when our second son "Gator" was born the sun laughed and when our daughter "Sugars" was born all the flowers bloomed. That says it all.

"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...
It's about learning how to dance in the rain."
Anonymous

Your mind is the garden, your
thoughts are the seeds, the harvest can either be flowers or weeds. — William
Wordsworth

Sunday, November 16, 2008

The dreadfully late word game

Kinda hard to call it Thesaurus Thursday when it doesn't get written till the wee hours of Sunday morning!

Sorry folks, between the family having been hit with the puking stick and working 3 straight nights I didn't get this written anywhere near on time. Next week will be better...we hope.

For next week, work on these:
purpure
purine



Last Week's Definitions:
invidious - 1) calculated to create ill will; causing resentment or envy 2) offensively or unfairly discriminating; injurious "invidious comparisons" 3) envious

involucre - 1) a collection or rosette of bracts subtending a flower cluster, umbel, or the like. 2) a covering, esp. a membranous one.



Silly Goose Winner this week is:
Diane@Diane's Place said...
Invidious - To be literally glued to the TV screen.


Involucre - An involuntary attraction to money and expensive things.


NOTE: DIANE WAS THE ONLY CONTESTANT THIS WEEK, Y'ALL MIGHT WANNA GIVE HER SOME COMPETITION FOR NEXT WEEK!




For any newcomers to Thesaurus Thursday, the "rules" can be found here.

For all winners, the Awards can be found on the sidebar to pick up at your leisure.


Now don't forget to leave your comments for the new words!

7 comments:

Cookie..... said...

"PurPure"... A cop with a stuttering problem attempting to say perpetrator.

Cookie..... said...

BTW Sarah, I visited "Jungle-Hut" as you recommended and loved that video. Having flown planes as much as I have, I really appreciated the skill involved for that landing. Thanks for sending me over there.

Stephanie D said...

Purpure--word concocted by the Pur company to describe their water.

Purine--Dog food company for the micro pups.

Linda said...

Purpure - the noise that emits from a genuinely happy cat

Purine - a more pure form of urine (bad, bad, I know - sorry!)

ABNPOPPA said...

PurPure: I agree with Linda almost, that is the sound of a virgin cat. Purrr.....Pure!



Purine: Doesn't that have something to do with the "gout"?

Anonymous said...

Ha! Cookie's definition made me laugh.
I got nothin' for ya. My brain is too tired.

I hope you guys are all feeling better!

Diane@Diane's Place said...

Purpure - Referring to anything that is the color purple.

Purine - Not sure about this one, so I'll attempt a funny:

Purine is an old family name: I love my dotty old Aunt Purine, but she has a penchant for dyeing her hair a strange purpure shade of lilac.