My Husband "Subvet" says that when our first son "Sonshine" was born the sun rose on our world, when our second son "Gator" was born the sun laughed and when our daughter "Sugars" was born all the flowers bloomed. That says it all.

"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...
It's about learning how to dance in the rain."
Anonymous

Your mind is the garden, your
thoughts are the seeds, the harvest can either be flowers or weeds. — William
Wordsworth

Sunday, November 2, 2008

Fat Cats

So, most of you know that we have 2 cats. Speedy and Mr. Boots

Subvet took them to the vet a couple weeks ago and we found out they've both gotten quite FAT.

Speedy is now 13lbs and Bootsie is about 17lbs. each almost twice what they're supposed to be. Which means that we've put them on a DIET.

Now, as hard as it is to have a person on a diet....have you ever tried putting a CAT on a diet? Oh my goodness are they obnoxious!!

Speedy will meow every time I stand up and Boots will practically push me out of the bed head-bumping me trying to get food!

Then the vet said they needed more exercise! HAHAHA!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I think I need to put my dog Daisy on a diet... she eats a lot and is a lot bigger than her brother! :) Yea right... if I put her on a diet I would fear for my life if I went to sleep :)

ellen b. said...

Good luck with that :0)

Sarah - Kala said...

Fat cats are funny. Mine has been on a diet and has gone down to ten from nearly 13.

BTW, not to be hyper critical, but it is terribly hard to read red font on green background.

Stephanie D said...

Exercise a cat? Right. Maybe if they would go fetch a ball or toy mouse.

Tandi's gained 4 pounds since coming to live with us. I think we need to take walks.

Lori in South Dakota said...

Exercise a cat? ROFL Okay--get one of those pole things with a toy at the end--like a fishing pole with a toy as bait, most cats play like crazy. 'Course, you might have to supervise the kids to make sure they were beating each other with them!

Lori in South Dakota said...

WEREN'T beating each other with them! (see, I know what kids will do!!)

... said...

i always thought it would be hard to put a pet on a diet. do you feel like you've overfed them? i would think a cat would get excercise... especially living in your home... with your three little ones =)