My Husband "Subvet" says that when our first son "Sonshine" was born the sun rose on our world, when our second son "Gator" was born the sun laughed and when our daughter "Sugars" was born all the flowers bloomed. That says it all.

"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...
It's about learning how to dance in the rain."
Anonymous

Your mind is the garden, your
thoughts are the seeds, the harvest can either be flowers or weeds. — William
Wordsworth

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Camera Advice??

OK,
As you may know, I need a new camera. And the money for said camera has been shipped and should be here sometime next week, so I'm sending a plea out to anyone who uses a camera to voice your choice for a nice camera.

Some guidelines

1) Has to be sold at Best Buy

2) Has to total < $150.00

3) It'd be nice if it used the same SD memory card that I already have...or that's more $$ spent.

Here's what I'm leaning toward.



So come on now and give some specifics for your likes and dislikes.

All opinions welcome!

7 comments:

ellen b. said...

I hope you get some good advice. You might have more choices than you know what to do with. I've only shopped for the one camera we bought at Costco. I wanted something I could fit in my pocket :0)

ellen b. said...

Ok let's try this again. My camera is a Pentax Optio M40. It was 179 ish at Costco over a year ago...
I'm finding the key to good photos is to keep taking a LOT of them and why not with a digital. Don't stop at just one photo...

Anonymous said...

Sony makes several good point and shoot digitals. I don't know what the prices are. I'm thinking you might have to pay a bit extra.

EDGE said...

My buddy over at "Random Act of Patriotism" uses one of these...

Olympus FE-240

It's a little pocket camera but he takes some pretty good photos with it.

... said...

i have the one you're looking at. i bought it just recently and to be honest, i haven't taken a lot of pictures with it. (i have a nicer slr that i use most of the time)

but it seems to be good. one of the reasons i bought it was that it has not only the lcd screen on the back but an actual view finder. the problem is is that what i see in the view finder isn't how the picture comes out.

the price has been reduced on this model because they're phasing it out and have a new one out.

i got a lot of good advice from a couple of clerks so you can always ask for advice. but both of the clerks i talked to said that any canon point and shoot would be good. they said stay away from the lesser known names, like kodak or samsung.

good luck.

MightyMom said...

thanks! :-) the pic being different than the viewfinder is true of all point and shoots. I'd really prefer a SLR, but ain't about to spend that kind of money!!

Anonymous said...

MM, you can find a sony digital SLR for cheap on ebay.