My Husband "Subvet" says that when our first son "Sonshine" was born the sun rose on our world, when our second son "Gator" was born the sun laughed and when our daughter "Sugars" was born all the flowers bloomed. That says it all.

"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...
It's about learning how to dance in the rain."
Anonymous

Your mind is the garden, your
thoughts are the seeds, the harvest can either be flowers or weeds. — William
Wordsworth

Monday, August 4, 2008

Question for the week.

Linda at Are We There Yet? periodically has "I've got a question, you've got an answer" posts.

So, this post is stol...ahem....inspired by Linda.


Seeing as how it's been >100 degrees all week reaching 107 today (Sunday) with a heat index in the zillions (for me anyway) my question for you is this:

How do you "beat the heat"?? What's your favorite way to cool off.

As for myself I've taken to taking a glass of ice water with me when I leave for work and drinking while driving (I know, I know). Since I have to be at work at 6:45PM I'm leaving the house about 6PM, ie, the hottest part of the day. Frequently when I get in the car the electronic thermometer says very silly things such as 108, 110, and Sat night 113. As I drive it usually drops into the 100-103 range. But that ice water sure tastes good even at that "cool" temp.

4 comments:

Stacey said...

hey there,
thanks for your support, really, it means a lot to me. His name is Mike. Thankyou for adding us to your prayers, we need them. keep in touch :)

Pen of Jen said...

So do you understand why I keep potholders in the truck?? Yep, to touch the steering wheel and not burn my hands!
Jennifer(btw no kidding)

Linda said...

I should start putting potholders in the car myself as I've had a couple of days this summer where I could barely touch the steering wheel it's been so hot!

The problem with New England heat is that it is oftentimes accompanied by high humidity so the only good way to "beat the heat" is to stay inside with a fan pointed directly at you or, if you're lucky, with an air conditioner on.

Personally I can't wait until Fall comes around! Summer is not my favorite time of the year.

Great new photo you've got up and I'm glad I could be the inspiration for something! Stay cool and stay safe!

... said...

sounds like a great way to beat the heat. prior to having air conditioning, i remember opening the freezer and practically sticking my head in it. we also spent most of the time in the basement where it was cooler. long walks in an air conditioned mall helped, too.