My Husband "Subvet" says that when our first son "Sonshine" was born the sun rose on our world, when our second son "Gator" was born the sun laughed and when our daughter "Sugars" was born all the flowers bloomed. That says it all.

"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...
It's about learning how to dance in the rain."
Anonymous

Your mind is the garden, your
thoughts are the seeds, the harvest can either be flowers or weeds. — William
Wordsworth

Monday, August 18, 2008

listen closely

If you know nothing about me you should know that I have 3 favorite singers.

1) The Beatles
2) Bon Jovi
3) Gloria Estefan

(in order of their appearance in my life)

These songwriters and their life stories fascinate me. Always have.

Here is a video of Gloria Estefan talking about her accident and her paralysis.
(you might want to listen with your eyes closed, the cameraman must have been drunk as he was obviously unable to stay upright)



Her attitude is one I try to emulate here on this silly blog.

You can find humor in every situation "you cannot lose your sense of humor", and never underestimate the power of prayer.

2 comments:

ellen b. said...

I think I could be a good Cuban! Have a great week MM!

Linda said...

"Silly blog" my foot! You take that back, this blog is not silly and neither are you! Unless, of course, you're really trying to be silly that is in which case - great job! Keep up the good work!