My Husband "Subvet" says that when our first son "Sonshine" was born the sun rose on our world, when our second son "Gator" was born the sun laughed and when our daughter "Sugars" was born all the flowers bloomed. That says it all.

"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...
It's about learning how to dance in the rain."
Anonymous

Your mind is the garden, your
thoughts are the seeds, the harvest can either be flowers or weeds. — William
Wordsworth

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

My House is Quiet!

Can you guess why??






these pics taken by their teachers last year and given to us. (Great Teachers)

They're having a great time....and so am I!

I enjoy working and feel blessed each week that I can provide for my family, but there are some hard things about being a working mom. Mostly it is how to spend my time off. I want to spend every available moment with the kids....but there are things I want to get done too. So, right now they are off to school, Subvet and Sugars are off to visit his mom and I'm getting caught up on a few tasks I haven't done.

4 comments:

Stephanie D said...

I do love it when the house is empty--though it's only J-Man and I. The only downside to retirement is that he's always around--and the TV is ALWAYS on when he's around.

When he goes out for gas or errands or a movie, I just enjoy the quiet!


I see that bear ticker is moving--almost halfway! Atta girl!

Diane@Diane's Place said...

I woke up with a stuffy but runny nose. Yay me! But, I am alone right now. Hubby's out walking.

Yep, I have fried some of that squirrel here and there. My MIL gave me most of it and she doesn't put water in the bags with it, so if it's not used pretty fast it gets freezer burn. Not good at all. Blech!

As for Mother Teresa's rules, for the most part I can just hang it up now, LOL! A few of 'em I'd have no problem with, but most of 'em are beyond my abilities. ;o)

Happy Hump Day! Have a great rest of your week, MM!

Love and hugs,

Diane

ABNPOPPA said...

Great time? I don't know, that first pik didn't look so happy to me. Maybe the p-nut butter samich wasn't didn't have bananas on it!

Regarding comment at 1%er's Of course they have the equipment, they're just saving it for when they REALLY need it. Kinda like the Dems and the oil.

Sorry, just had to get that in I am about Dem'd to death with all the TV coverage.

... said...

i remember when i used to get a limited chunk of time to myself...there would be so many different ways i would want to spend it.

i'd build up that piece of time in my head. i'd do this and i'd do that. when it came down to it, i was only able to do so much. i was usually disappointed. i learned to set my expectations a little lower.