My Husband "Subvet" says that when our first son "Sonshine" was born the sun rose on our world, when our second son "Gator" was born the sun laughed and when our daughter "Sugars" was born all the flowers bloomed. That says it all.

"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...
It's about learning how to dance in the rain."
Anonymous

Your mind is the garden, your
thoughts are the seeds, the harvest can either be flowers or weeds. — William
Wordsworth

Monday, August 11, 2008

MightyMom's Mess Quota

Each child is allowed 1 (ONE) big mess a day.

That's it, just one.

After that their quota has been filled and they must be perfectly clean little angels for the rest of the day!!

Gator-boy decided that he didn't want to run the risk of not filling his quota for the day today so he got it filled up (along with tomorrow's and the next day's) bright and early this morning.

Subvet had gone to the hospital to visit his mother and left me in charge of the hooligans and hooliganette.

While I'm busy getting breakfast on the table, Gator-boy dumps 2/3 of a FULL salt shaker on his head...down his right shoulder/arm....the chair cusion...the table...and (of course) the floor.

I tried to explain that it's the left shoulder you throw salt over...and just a bit'll do ya.

And just so's ya know, you can't sweep salt. Got to get on your hands and knees with a wet rag on that one!! Luckily he's short and the floor wasn't too far for him to reach!

6 comments:

Stephanie D said...

Maybe he felt his skin was a little rough and needed a scrub.

Oh, wait, that's a sugar scrub, isn't it?

Thank goodness it wasn't sugar. He'd be one sticky mess after he got through cleaning.

Would the vacuum not work on it?

MightyMom said...

you think I'm letting this hooligan anywhere near a vacuum?? e gads girl...he'd have the table cloth sucked up and everything thrown on the floor in a second and a half!!!

(I must remind myself you don't have BOYS) :-)

Stephanie D said...

Duh, you're right.

I only had one little girl who could out-argue me in a heartbeat, and who grew up to be a lawyer.

That childhood had its moments, too.

ABNPOPPA said...

Cleaning up what a good lesson to learn. I know some adults here at work that need to learn that! Only one mess a day! You gotta be kidding! I can do that by myself!!

Heather K said...

well you sound like you handled it well! but no point in freaking out over spilt milk..oops I mean salt! great idea to get him cleaning it up! smart mommy! Less work down the road for you and hopefully it will induce thinking on a child's part before doing!
I'm still waiting for that last part to happen and my youngest is 10!!

... said...

yikes! sounds like a mess. i don't think we could have ever gotten by with just one mess a day.