My Husband "Subvet" says that when our first son "Sonshine" was born the sun rose on our world, when our second son "Gator" was born the sun laughed and when our daughter "Sugars" was born all the flowers bloomed. That says it all.

"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...
It's about learning how to dance in the rain."
Anonymous

Your mind is the garden, your
thoughts are the seeds, the harvest can either be flowers or weeds. — William
Wordsworth

Saturday, March 7, 2009

Lenten Accountability Post on Sunday

Welcome to this years' first LAPS post! Here's where I tell how it's going so far.

Lenten Goals:
1) improve my health
a - exercise each morning I'm off work - Let's see. I missed one or two opportunities to do this...but otherwise am on track!
b - decrease sugared drinks (specifically, only have them at work...where sugar is a must) - Except for 1 Dr Pepper on my birthday, this is going very well! {Hey! it was my BIRTHDAY ya know!}

2) improve my marriage
a - no more play fighting - doing pretty good at this. I have smacked the man once or twice on the butt...but he deserved it!!
b - take over a household chore I do not usually do -- dusting and vacuuming - So far I have dusted and vacuumed both kids rooms and the hall and I'm just about to vacuum the living room. Once I finish picking up all those TOYS!

3) improve my serenity
a - play piano each morning house is empty - I missed 2 opportunities to do this as I got caught up on the computer...but I've taken advantage of all the others
b - pray short rosary with kids each night I'm off work - Well, we've gotten as far as the first very short prayer and then our regular bedtime prayer. I'll try adding the Apostoles Creed this week...

All in all I feel like I'm doing well. I never expected to be perfect in this observance, but each item that I do for God is pleasing in His eyes.

Also, while I did not put any limits on my blogging...the fact that I have added things which take time to accomplish automatically means that I will be on the computer less. So you may see me catching up on several days' worth of posts at once. I do try to always leave a comment or two but please know that I AM reading!

Now, how are YOU doing with your Lenten observations??

2 comments:

ABNPOPPA said...

Sounds like you are doing pretty good to me!

Bless you my child.

Pops

... said...

you're doing great! keep up the good work.