Well, the last week has turned me topsy turvy for sure. First I went from nights to days to take that class,....then I went back to nights to work.....except that I didn't go to work...so I kinda stayed somewhere between nights and days....I also didn't pass the class so I got depressed a bit and just wanted to sleep more....then I forgot when I was supposed to eat and actually managed to not eat for about 27 hours.......twas a mess for sure.
I think I'm back on track now though. And it's time to catch up on the old blog!!
I've got a few points to cover here. 1) sewing goals 2) Lenten Accountability 3) parenting update 4) wrinkles 5) prayer requestseseses.
1) I have no idea WHAT my goals were but I'm still working on my dress. Due to the scheduling issues of last week, I really didn't sew much at all on it. Someone was NICE enough to remind me that we're now half way through Lent and I REALLY need to get cracking on that dress! -- not to mention the one for Sugars!-- So that's my only goal for this week.
2) Remember all that stuff I said I'd do and not do for Lent? Well, most of the not do's I'm not doing quite well--with just a couple slips. As for the do's I was doing them well till this last week...and well, that's one of the things that went out the window when the days changed to nights and the nights changed to days. I'll be back on track come Tuesday when I'm off again.
3) I have discovered that we have moved into a whole new phase of parenting. It's the "don't make me stop this car and come back there..." phase. I knew we had OFFICIALLY progressed to this new parenting phase the other day when we were driving down the road fussing at the boys in the way back of the van as usual. Then as Daddy slows down and pulls into a parking lot I hear from the 2 year old behind me "UT-OH!"
4) wrinkles! I think I mentioned that I've found wrinkles!! I'm sooo excited about them. I love wrinkles. Wrinkles are like stretch marks, they are awesome! I didn't get stretch marks with either of the boys. But after Sugars I finally got some really beautiful stretch marks way up high on my hipbones. One day when she was just a month or so old my husband asked me if I was gonna blame her for my stretch marks. I said "Are you kidding me??? I'm gonna make sure and get a bathing suit cut high enough to show them off!! Took me three tries before I finally got these." Poor man just stood there not knowing WHAT to say next....and not entirely sure if I was joking or not. I'm sure the thought of me at darn near 200lbs in a swim suit cut that high was QUITE the mental picture! hahah
But back to wrinkles. I think wrinkles are sooo cool. Most of my favorite people have wrinkles! I remember sitting next to my Grandma in the backseat of the car. I was about 6. I sat there the whole trip and played with the loose skin on the back of her hand and her roly poly veins. She just laughed and laughed and told me how my "twin" cousin'd done the same thing! She was sooo fabulous because she had this bit of wrinkledly skin that hung down below her chin. When she shook her head a certain way she looked just like a TURKEY!....of course if she was shaking her head that certain way you can bet she was a'cluckin' at the same time--did help the illusion a bit. My hubby has these great wrinkles right in front of his ears. They are the best looking wrinkles! So now I've found some vertical lines between my eyebrows that I'm quite proud of! Make me look all smart like I concentrate a lot!! Plus I've noticed that the little curves at the corners of my mouth don't dissappear completely anymore. Those are gonna be some GREAT wrinkles in a couple more years! HOORAY! Wonder if I'll get that turkey gullet too? I'll have to start practicing my cluckin so I can do it right for my grandkids!
5) prayer requestseseseses. I've got a couple friends who'd rather not be named publically that are fighting battles right now. If you'd just raise up Mightymom's unnamed pals I'm sure Mr. Big-Guy'll know their names. Also, I've applied for a change in position. I'd really like to get away from all these grownups and go back to work with babies. Yet stay with the same company. So if you'd just remind Mr. Big-Guy that I'm waiting to hear back about that internship across town and how wonderful it would be if all the logistics would fall into place.....I'd be grateful.