My Husband "Subvet" says that when our first son "Sonshine" was born the sun rose on our world, when our second son "Gator" was born the sun laughed and when our daughter "Sugars" was born all the flowers bloomed. That says it all.

"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...
It's about learning how to dance in the rain."
Anonymous

Your mind is the garden, your
thoughts are the seeds, the harvest can either be flowers or weeds. — William
Wordsworth

Monday, May 19, 2008

weight, pics, and forgiveness.

I'll actually go in order this time as that would be quite different for me! :-)

Photobucket

OK, now, I FINALLY made it past that zero!! Don't know why I got stuck sitting on that zero for so long, but as of now I have lost 9.1 lbs.


So our boys had their end of school program last Thursday. It was sooo cute! It lasted 10 min total! :0) (Perfect!)

They said the Pledge of Allegiance, sang a couple songs together, then each class (all 6 of them) sang a song then they all sang another song, one of their Spanish songs and said goodbye!

So, Subvet and I joined the Parent Paparazzi



It's nice to see someone else Gator-wrastle for a change! Notice how she has those hips anchored? She's a PRO!



Sonshine's class sang "ABC Rock" here you can see "Joe Cool"



Here's that sunrise I told you about, one of the day nurses said it was like driving to work under a big mattress the clouds were cool! This is the view from my floor.



I thought the way the sun hit the hallway was pretty


"You Gotta Have a Hat!" who can name the singer of that song?


FAT ROLLS!!



Now, we all make mistakes, but why is it so hard to forgive ourselves? We're quick to forgive others, as the Lord is quick to forgive us, but we're not nearly so quick to forgive ourselves.....??? any thoughts?

4 comments:

ellen b. said...

Good job on the weight loss. I'm sorry to say that Kim has stopped the whole Brown Plate Special deal. I still am posting my steps and walking totals on Mondays. The photos are fun. Now about the forgiveness deal. I'm not sure why it's hard to forgive ourselves. Sometimes I wonder if it's because our focus is too much on me and not enough on what Jesus did for us. Other times I think it's cuz we don't fully understand the whole forgiveness deal. Sometimes maybe we need to go ask for forgiveness from the human we wronged and then things can be settled in our hearts. So anyway the easy answer is I don't know.
:0)

Stephanie D said...

Congrats on the weight loss! My doctor gave me THE TALK 3 weeks ago, so gotta get my butt in gear.

Linda said...

I'm not sure why it's so hard to forgive ourselves other than the fact that we are the ones who are hardest on ourselves to begin with. I hold myself to a pretty darned high standard - or so I like to think - and when I don't live up to that standard then I'm pretty disappointed in myself. That's the only thing I can come up with!

Congrats on the weight loss and I love all your pictures as well as the term "driving under a big mattress"!

Anonymous said...

I don't know why we don't forgive ourselves. It starts with not loving yourself the way God wants us to...I know that sounds like psychobabble. It's true. Love your neighbor, as yourself. Maybe that's why we don't love each other enough, either.
Hmmmmmm.
I love you!