My Husband "Subvet" says that when our first son "Sonshine" was born the sun rose on our world, when our second son "Gator" was born the sun laughed and when our daughter "Sugars" was born all the flowers bloomed. That says it all.

"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...
It's about learning how to dance in the rain."
Anonymous

Your mind is the garden, your
thoughts are the seeds, the harvest can either be flowers or weeds. — William
Wordsworth

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Blame MammyT

She stated in no uncertain terms that she expected an update from me soon.

So here you have it. My night.

I get to work at 6:45 to get report. Before 7:30 I have a pt with 236/98 blood pressure (you know, it's supposed to be 120/80). I go to give this lady her BP meds and she argues about what she's taking because she ONLY wants HER cardiologist to prescribe for her. I explain that he doesn't have priveleges at this hospital and we need her to take this medicine as her BP is very high. Well, before 8:00 she's called 911 and told them that she needs to go to an "Emergency Hospital" so that she can see HER cardiologist. By 8:15 a crew of about 10 Firemen (CUUUUTIES) show up to take her off, I have her daughter on the phone who keeps asking ME what to do about HER crazy mother....and I finally got the lady to take the medicine....well, daughter talks lady into staying in this hospital and lady tells me to get lost, then tells the EMTs that I was her problem in the first place (HAHA). I leave lady alone and have my tech take her BP regularly as it's still in the 210s/100s. I call MD and he says, "if she refuses the med just chart it so when she strokes out you're covered." (THANKS DOC). I tell lady I have another medicine I need her to take from our doctor to bring her BP down quickly as it's too high. She refuses....BP stays high (SURPRISE!) At about 3AM I get her to finally take the med our doc ordered, but only half a dose. She apologizes for calling in the troops but says she's scared to take the med. (she's 84) So I repeatedly reassure her there's no reason to feel bad about what happened...blah .blah...blah. Her BP stays high, although it's now down to 208/100 of course if she'd take the other half of the dose......

Then, it's 4am and I'm finally taking my lunch when a ceiling tile in the hall outside the lounge where I'm peacefully eating my homemade apple pie (YUMMY) falls to the floor with a bang and a piss. Oh yes, you read that right. Apparently some numbskull discovered a leak in the ceiling....so they placed 2 of the big pink buckets that hospitals are famous for ON TOP OF the ceiling tile to catch the drips. UMMMMMM early Sunday morning and said bucket overflows getting the tile wet and you know the rest.

Oh, this is all after Sonshine cried that "I go to work with Mama!! I go work!!" when I got ready to leave last night (again).

NAME THIS MOVIE. The first line (or thereabout) is "Lord, I don't know what I've done to piss you off...." spoken by a real hottie.

MammyT, aren't you glad you asked? Some days you laugh to keep from crying.

5 comments:

nancy said...

Eww. Mammy.

Diane@Diane's Place said...

Interesting.

Um, is this a bad time to wish you a blessed and memorable Mother's Day?

xoxoxo

Diane

... said...

i'm glad mammyT pushed you into writing how you're doing. and it was an enjoyable post. you should write more about work =)

hope you had a wonderful mother's day.

Stephanie D said...

And Hilary thinks we nurses are paid too much. Hmmph.

Mary@notbefore7 said...

Wow girl - what a day at work. I was glad to read the conclusion above this.