My Husband "Subvet" says that when our first son "Sonshine" was born the sun rose on our world, when our second son "Gator" was born the sun laughed and when our daughter "Sugars" was born all the flowers bloomed. That says it all.

"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...
It's about learning how to dance in the rain."
Anonymous

Your mind is the garden, your
thoughts are the seeds, the harvest can either be flowers or weeds. — William
Wordsworth

Friday, May 16, 2008

lesson learned

Well folks, I just learned a lesson that I thought I'd share with you. While sitting here blogging Sugars threw her toy out of her crib. (Don't ask ME why she's awake and playing at 1AM!) So I leaned over to pick it up for her.

Life Lesson #2496021958302094821.

When sitting in a rolling chair on a concrete floor.

STAND UP before you lean across the room to pick up toy.

Otherwise you will

A) have chair roll away from you

B) fall on your ample, but not-quite-padded-enough BUTT

C) have chair fall on your ankles

and
D) have a very hard time not waking the household swearing and laughing at yourself.


Learn, people, Learn!

4 comments:

Diane@Diane's Place said...

I know you're (were???) Methodist, but were there adult beverages contributing to this situation? ;o)

Okay, I have to confess, it's happened to me too, but I ended up on my poor old crippled knees! They were black and blue for a week and apparently I didn't learn much from my experience because I still have near misses every once in a while.

Hope your bum's not too sore. ;o)

ellen b. said...

I'm glad the rest of the household was spared but it would have been such a great entry for funniest videos if someone was taping....

... said...

thanks for the lesson. i'll remember it the next time i'm in a similar situation =)

Glenn B said...

Ouch, hope you are okay.