My Husband "Subvet" says that when our first son "Sonshine" was born the sun rose on our world, when our second son "Gator" was born the sun laughed and when our daughter "Sugars" was born all the flowers bloomed. That says it all.

"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...
It's about learning how to dance in the rain."
Anonymous

Your mind is the garden, your
thoughts are the seeds, the harvest can either be flowers or weeds. — William
Wordsworth

Thursday, May 29, 2008

Sarah's Simple Sewing Secrets.

OK, on to our last installment of Sewing for Beginners.

Sorry it's taken me a bit to finish this off, as you will be able to see on friday, I've been rather busy.


Once you've stuffed the pillow, the last step is to close the hole.



There are several ways to do this, I'm going to show you the easiest.

First, hold the front and back of the pillow together in your left hand, be sure that you've got the seam allowances tucked inside the pillow. Tie a knot in your thread and start to the right of the end of the seam you previously sewed. You want the two seams to overlap just a bit to reinforce where they end.


Now, holding the opening closed and the fabric together, sew back and forth a little down from the folded edge of your fabric.


Continue across the hole till you've passed the end of the previously sewn seam by a little bit.

Tie a knot and cut your thread.

Closing the hole this way will leave a small ridge of fabric where the hole was.


Congratulations on your pillow!
You now have all the basic knowledge you need to make anything your heart desires!


If you run into any difficulties on this or another sewing project, feel free to leave me a comment and I'll answer to the best of my ability.

Happy Sewing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sweet babies!
They are soooo handsome!
I still have those clothes that I forgot to give you when we had coffee the other day. Forgetfull me....Tracy has some waiting for me...yipee!