My Husband "Subvet" says that when our first son "Sonshine" was born the sun rose on our world, when our second son "Gator" was born the sun laughed and when our daughter "Sugars" was born all the flowers bloomed. That says it all.

"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...
It's about learning how to dance in the rain."
Anonymous

Your mind is the garden, your
thoughts are the seeds, the harvest can either be flowers or weeds. — William
Wordsworth

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

One Yummy Weekend!

So, what happens when you give a man a reason to grill and the money to do whatever he likes??











He also grilled onions (my favorite) and baked potatoes.

The recipe for the steaks is here.

Can you tell that each steak was 3 meals??

We can't do it often and won't be doing it again any time soon. But it sure was good!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yum looks good to me. Now I've got to get us some steaks.

ellen b. said...

Those steaks are huge!! Love the apron...
yum grilled onion...

... said...

those steaks are ginormous! 3 meals - i believe it. glad you had some good eatin'.

Diane@Diane's Place said...

Man, those steaks look good! And I hear you on not being able to have them very often. We're eating a lot of beans these days....

Rita Loca said...

I wish I had been there. Those steaks make my hotdogs and burgers look sad!

Glenn B said...

Nice to see you enjoyed yourselve over the weekend. As for those being 3 meals, well maybe 2 meals for 2 people...

Anonymous said...

Ooooh, yum!
I'm just a tad bit jealous now.
We're gonna have to buy a new grill. EVERYTHING is breaking down on us at once. Eeeek.
Enjoy your leftovers!

Heather K said...

mmmm we love BBQ season! We've had delightfully warm weather, so have lit up the barbeque several times already this spring..mind you..it wasn't for steak! I did do a couple of small ones one night and also cooked some fish in a foil packet to go along with the steak. We usually do burgers...it's a good thing the kids all love burgers! so do I if they're homemade and not preformed..mmmm
how's work going and home for daddy? I haven't been around for awhile to read...
take care
Heather