My Husband "Subvet" says that when our first son "Sonshine" was born the sun rose on our world, when our second son "Gator" was born the sun laughed and when our daughter "Sugars" was born all the flowers bloomed. That says it all.

"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...
It's about learning how to dance in the rain."
Anonymous

Your mind is the garden, your
thoughts are the seeds, the harvest can either be flowers or weeds. — William
Wordsworth

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Tiny Talk Tuesday

TINY TALK TUESDAY is once again upon us. Go see Mary at Not Before 7 to see more of this fun event.


Well folks, the sad truth is that I really haven't seen much of my munchkins this week to know what they are saying. But I will tell you about this moment of amazement.

Gator's in Early Childhood Intervention (aka therapy) for his speech (etc) delay. His therapist came yesterday armed with a couple of new "games" for him to learn. One was a sheet with 6 different colored bears and 6 matching bear pieces for him to learn to match colors. The other had 4 shapes to match. She also brought an observer.

She was giving a rundown to the observer on their way to my house about how he couldn't match and hasn't been interested in playing any of the matching type games we'd tried.

So, she gets out her bear sheet and hands the bear pieces to Gator. He IMMEDIATELY sits down and puts all the pieces in the right places! Repeating the names of the colors as we say them. He did the same for the shapes. I got out another matching game we had and he sat and did it too!! Again repeating the words after us.

Welcome to my world. Just when I think my kid "can't" do something he sits and does it perfectly while I sit speechless and marvel and God's perfect plan for our lives.

5 comments:

... said...

it's all in God's timing... and obviously gator's, too.

i can only imagine how much you were smiling :D

Susan said...

What a WONDERFUL report. I agree with Diana....God's timing :o) But what joy when faith turns to sight!!!
Susan

Pen of Jen said...

Every day...live by that(as I know you do) and things seem to be what they are, amazing and Awesome!

Stephanie D said...

Way to go, Gator! Keep 'em guessing and NEVER be predictable! lol

Mary@notbefore7 said...

What a great report! I bet that was so exciting to watch.