My Husband "Subvet" says that when our first son "Sonshine" was born the sun rose on our world, when our second son "Gator" was born the sun laughed and when our daughter "Sugars" was born all the flowers bloomed. That says it all.

"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...
It's about learning how to dance in the rain."
Anonymous

Your mind is the garden, your
thoughts are the seeds, the harvest can either be flowers or weeds. — William
Wordsworth

Saturday, January 5, 2008

Answers and Winners

well, I misquoted, it's actually "Praise the Lord and pass the tax rebate" and it's said by Friar Tuck in Disney's animated Robin Hood, which we are watching about twice a day now. :-)

omphalos n. 1) the navel; umbilicus 2) the central point 3) any of a number of navel-shaped stones that functioned as cult objects in ancient Greek religion esp a stone in the temple of Apollo at Delphi, thought to mark the center of the earth.

sinistral adj 1) of, pertaining to, or on the left side; left. 2) having a preference for using the left hand or side; left-handed 3) (of certain gastropod shells) coiling counterclockwise, as seen from the apex

My sinistral son doesn't like omphalos oranges. :-) (It's true!)


Linda is our Ms. Smarty Pants this week:


Omphalos - I work in a medical sort of field so I know this one. It's the navel or belly button as some might prefer.

(yeah and the 2 nurses DIDN'T get it....just the ambulance dispatcher...so much for MY confidence!!!) :-)

Stephanie is a Silly Goose with:
LOL! I was just thinking that phalos was awfully close to phallic! So, I'm thinking it's being able to point in all directions? Not sure if that is the serious answer or the goofy one, but I'm not going any further on that word!

MammyT is our other Silly Goose with:
sinistral - In the Rennaisance era, a travelling musician who sang only evil, ominous songs,
Example: Oh, no. Everybody inside. Here comes that roving sinistral.

Here you two go



I must say that competition was very tough this week.
Next week bring all your friends over to play as the more entries the more smiles!



I'm hoping to get Tiny Talk Tuesday, Sarah's Simple Sewing Secrets on Wednesday, Thesaurus Thursday (ON Thursday) and Show and Tell on Friday back up and running next week. So stay tuned. Of course chatter about and pics of my kids will run throughout the week too!

Have no fear Diane, I will be off 3 days one week and 4 days the next, alternating. And will be up all night while the rest of the house sleeps, so I doubt I will be online much less than now. I'll try to keep the blog up at any rate. I am going to be moving the sewing machine out of Sugars' bedroom so that I can sew during the night, this should help me with goal #1.

And again, I shall end with this......I just love it so!

Life is short!
Break the rules!
Forgive quickly!
Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably..
And never regret anything that made you smile

7 comments:

Diane@Diane's Place said...

I like your new hood ornament. ;o)

Whew! I guess I'll still get my Mighty Mom fix pretty regular then.

Have a blessed Sunday, Sarah. :-)

Love and hugs,

Diane

Linda said...

I beat out two nurses? WOOHOO!

It's funny, before I became an ambulance dispatcher my repertoire of medical terms was about zip, zero, and zilch but because I also have to schedule transfers out of hospitals and need to know what the patient wa being treated for and what their medical necessity for a stretcher is, my vocabulary has grown by leaps and bounds.

Of course I still like to think that dyspnea is "the fear of large Disney characters" rather than difficulty breathing!

nancy said...

Mom, you do me much honor. The competition WAS indeed tough. I am humbled. thanks for coming to my blog. I've been wrestling with Wordpress for hours, again, today. (We talked about Jacob wrestling with the angel in Sunday school today.) My site is up, but incomplete. I'll just keep plugging away at it.
You're the best, MM.
Nancy

Stephanie D said...

Okay I never said I was an OBSTETRIC nurse! Who else would need to know "omphalos" rather than belly button? lol But thanks for the Silly Goose award--I'll take it!

So, you are planning on staying on a sleep/days, up/nights schedule even when off? A couple of my co-workers do that, but one is a guy who works two jobs, and the other is a single woman. I've been working nights straight since 1993 and can only do that when I have just one night off. Otherwise, I would have trouble with errands and appointments. But I must say, the rare times I've done that, I was able to sew a lot before getting sleepy around 4 am.

Infantry Dad said...

Hi Ms.
Love the little ditty, though I must admit that I have done a few things that made me grin from ear to ear that I truly regret now that I'm older and somewhat wiser.

Saw your note at the campfire.
He dropped me also.
I couldn't help but admonish him a little.
He's become popular, and forgotten old friends.

All the best to you

Karen H. said...

Good Morning MM,
I'm just dropping by to see how you and yours was feeling. I hope everyone is better today. "CONGRATUALTIONS" to the winners on this past week's Thursday Thesaurus. I enjoyed playing the game as always. Take care my friend and have a great day. May God Bless You and Yours. Also, I love your new look here.

Hugs,
Karen H.

MightyMom said...

Diane, my hood ornament...heehee, ain't she cute?

MammyT, keep at it, I found a few good hard whaps upside the CPU, and one or two upside the Monitor for good measure help....well not actually, but it makes ME feel better! :-)

Stephanie, I didn't know it either...I thought the belly button was just umbilicus. Shows what I know huh? We have a lot of appointments that are in the mornings, but I will start by trying to stay on something of a schedule. We'll just have to see.

DaD, broke my poor ittle heart he did. :-( sniff sniff sob.

Karen, thank you, we seem to be better (knock on wood)