My Husband "Subvet" says that when our first son "Sonshine" was born the sun rose on our world, when our second son "Gator" was born the sun laughed and when our daughter "Sugars" was born all the flowers bloomed. That says it all.

"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...
It's about learning how to dance in the rain."
Anonymous

Your mind is the garden, your
thoughts are the seeds, the harvest can either be flowers or weeds. — William
Wordsworth

Monday, July 19, 2010

Vacation Day ????

Oh, it's day 15. Had to go back and count!

So, this afternoon I'm scheduled for some minor gum surgery. I didn't realize that it would require "no strenous activity" for a WEEK!! I'm going to have to ask if taking the hooligans to the Dallas Aquarium counts, because this is the last week of my vacation and we haven't been yet!!


I'll probably be out of commission for the rest of the night. The kids are outside with Subvet right now playing in the pool and I'm catching up on 3 weeks worth of blog reading!! Yes, all 200 posts! If you don't have email alerts or comment moderation I may have left comments on your old posts.

You know, I do try and comment. It's hard when I'm reading on the phone though. I'm sure you can tell my comments get a lot shorter! And then because of the small screen on the phone word verification becomes some strange memory game. I can't see the letters and the keyboard at the same time! And my brain is constantly trying to make them into REAL words. arrgghh! Anyway, I'm trying to read everything and comment as I'm able.

I have noticed that this journal style blogging I've been doing over Vacation has NOT induced many of you to comment. And the hits are dropping too.....Which just proves that reading someone else's vacation journal is no more fun that watching their slideshow haha.

After I go back to work this Friday I'll return to my normal odd-ball method of posting.

In the meantime....if you're an ADULT in need of a bit of animal comedy go watch the video on this old post of Cookie's...

This is what it's like to see Nature up close and personal!

yeah, I stole this one from Cookie too.....

5 comments:

Adrienne said...

I hate to say this about one of God's little creatures - buuuut - chickens are not only stupid, they're mean!

200 posts? Not to brag or anything (ok - I'm bragging or admitting to my insanity and lack of a life), but I usually peruse over 500 posts per day. Dear Lord - I need to be on meds of some sort...

Never feel pressured to comment on my blog. I know you're busy and I always know when you're around via statcounter.

A Bit of the Blarney said...

So? How's the mouth? Hoping it all went well! Cathy

Stephanie D said...

LOVE the chicken police!! Those rabbits look absolutely terrified!

I wouldn't worry too much about lack of comments--it's pretty much vacation or at least outdoor season for everyone except those Down Under.

Sara said...

I had a lot of posts to catch up on after my4 days away. I skipped quite a few---that might have explained your hits dropping. ;-)

Lori said...

you mean your method of posting has changed and I MISSED IT????