My Husband "Subvet" says that when our first son "Sonshine" was born the sun rose on our world, when our second son "Gator" was born the sun laughed and when our daughter "Sugars" was born all the flowers bloomed. That says it all.

"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...
It's about learning how to dance in the rain."
Anonymous

Your mind is the garden, your
thoughts are the seeds, the harvest can either be flowers or weeds. — William
Wordsworth

Thursday, July 22, 2010

The Last Day of Vacation!!

I decided that for my last vacation day I wanted us all to go out and play together!







Because Subvet felt like staying a little closer to home we didn't go all the way to Dallas. We'll have to do that on one of my days off.





Instead we started out going to lunch at The Olive Garden.

Where Sugars ate an entire bowl of olives and tomatoes! And she and Sonshine did a good job making their spaghetti disappear and they ALL devoured the chocolate/mouse layer cake!!

Then we headed into McKinney to an indoor place with a bunch of large bounce houses.

That's Subvet standing (all 6'3" of him) to the left, Gator's in the middle climbing and Sonshine's on the right sliding. This thing is HUGE!!!

Took Sugars awhile to warm up to the large bounce houses, but so long as she could ride her fish she was a happy girl!


Subvet and Sonshine....
Gator and Sonshine...
Gator...
Gator...
Sonshine....
The little tykes area...
Sugars trying to carry her two favorites! We kicked that ball for quite awhile!
Then she decided the bounce houses looked like fun....
The train...not so much, kinda boring actually. After all it didn't move or have a slide!


After we practiced a couple times on the little slide she decided to try out the BIG slide...

Of course Daddy had to carry her up the "ladder"!




Before long the whole family was sliding together...except me. I'm still on activity restriction from my surgery....



She'd get off, grab my leg with an "I did it!" and grab Daddy to carry her back up again!
Poor Subvet got a Work-Out!!





But who could tell her no?
After the bounce houses we bought everyone new shoes for school and headed home for a quiet afternoon. They was TARD!
:-)
It's now 1:30am, I've had my coffee and will be up all night in preparation for work tomorrow night. As soon as I get this posted I've got a date with my quilt back, stencils, quilting pens/pencils, yard sticks, iPhone, and The War of the Worlds.
Thanks for following me along this vacation. It's been fun. We've done some new and exciting things and have a few more to catch up on before school starts.
Tomorrow, it's back to the real world.......



7 comments:

Sara said...

Kids love those places!

A Bit of the Blarney said...

Oh my what fun!!! Cathy!

Susan said...

Those smiling faces tell it all!! Now, back to brute reality :o(

Linda said...

What a great place for the kids to be able to go and out of the heat, too! It looks like ya'll had the place to yourselves, too - or is that just an optical illusion? I bet Subvet slept good after all that!!

Sorry your vacation is coming to an end already - it seems like you just started it!

Mary Ellen/Nunly said...

I tried to comment on your blog the other day but my computer wouldn't let me.

That looks like such a cool place to go! And there weren't many kids there, so you don't have to worry about the kids running into each other.

Glad you enjoyed your vacation, mine starts when my granddaughter and son go back to school in the fall. Then...peace and quiet until my hubby returns from work. I'll miss the kids, but I'll enjoy having the days back to myself again.

Sherry said...

Welcome back! If you didn't catch it on my blog, there will be one more source of inspiration come January for us. That place looks awesome. What a great way to burn off energy! Wish there was one here.

Mrs4444 said...

Looks like a GREAT day. They even looked on their best behavior at the restaurant :)