1) drove 400 miles to the land of the unpronouncable street signs
2) learned it takes <1 hour to scatter bags of in car activities from one end of van to the other.
3) coloring on windows is more fun than coloring books
4) traveling with kids takes at least twice as long as traveling without them.
5) Learned my kids are good travelers.....until hour number 8 on the road.
Aunt Gay's fried chicken, mashed potatoes, sausage gravy, corn, green beans, rolls, and fresh home grown tomatoes all made just like Grandma's will feed the soul.