My Husband "Subvet" says that when our first son "Sonshine" was born the sun rose on our world, when our second son "Gator" was born the sun laughed and when our daughter "Sugars" was born all the flowers bloomed. That says it all.

"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...
It's about learning how to dance in the rain."
Anonymous

Your mind is the garden, your
thoughts are the seeds, the harvest can either be flowers or weeds. — William
Wordsworth

Thursday, July 2, 2009

Bunny Milk

Well, so mornings have been a fight for awhile now.

Apparently my kids do not want to drink milk...not even chocolate milk anymore.

But because I'm just SOOOO mean they must finish one cup of milk before they can leave the breakfast table.


Now, every once in awhile we get donuts for breakfast...and at the donut shop they sell

Bunny Milk!!


Now, for SOME reason my kids will drink 3 cups of Bunny Milk without a second thought.

As a matter of fact, the other day while I was out getting donuts Dad made their chocolate milk not knowing I was buying Bunny Milk too....As soon as I got home and told them I had Bunny Milk they ran and grabbed their cups off the counter and DOWNED them...then asked for more. Yup, those cups that Dad had made....you know the ones that WEREN'T Bunny Milk at all.


HMMMMMM.

My Mean Old Mommy brain kicked in.


We now have an ENDLESS supply of Bunny Milk!!



Wanna guess what's in the bottle??



yup





looks like Bunny Milk to me!

heh heh heh

Mean
Old
Mommy

am I!!

12 comments:

ellen b. said...

Very cost effective too! Way to use your head MM!

Linda said...

Brilliant! I actually have a bunny milk bottle myself that I use when I need to take milk to work with me for cereal. They have great reusuable containers!

Stephanie D said...

Motherhood is such a deceptive occupation.

I used to tell DD raisins were candy and she believed me until she went to daycare and learned otherwise. I tell her raisins are nature's candy, and that I didn't lie to her, but she never forgave me.

She won't eat raisins to this day.

I wish I'd been smart enough to store them in some kind of candy container.

Evansmom said...

I have told my son for years that MOM stands for Mean Old Mom! We think alike!

Lori in South Dakota said...

I had a friend who came from a big farming family, and her parents used to tell her liver was steak! Had all the kids fooled for years.

Unknown said...

Not mean but sneaky!! Very clever MOM!

Mrs4444 said...

That is hilarious! Pure genius.

Anne said...

Very smart! You know I am a nutritionist for the WIC program, I think I will be sharing your story with my clients if you don't mind!

Whatever works, use it!

Thanks for your kind remarks on my post! I'm glad to get to know you!

Mary said...

What a great idea!

Anonymous said...

Foolery as such also works on some hurbands ie. the ones that don't like "lite" as in ranch dressing. Save the original bottle and refill with lite. Just don't get caught.

... said...

you may be mean... but you're as smart as they come =)

Lisa said...

Oh, now, that's not mean at all! You're a very nice Mommy! And a smart one!