My Husband "Subvet" says that when our first son "Sonshine" was born the sun rose on our world, when our second son "Gator" was born the sun laughed and when our daughter "Sugars" was born all the flowers bloomed. That says it all.

"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...
It's about learning how to dance in the rain."
Anonymous

Your mind is the garden, your
thoughts are the seeds, the harvest can either be flowers or weeds. — William
Wordsworth

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

More Alphabet Soup and Sarah's Simple Sewing Secrets

O
Opportunity.
Every once in awhile I get the opportunity to dump the kids on Daddy and run screaming through town all by myself!! That opportunity will come again on Saturday and I can't wait! I will get to meet up with other crafters for a couple hours of crafty fun and fellowship, no kids allowed!! YIPEEEEE!! For more information you'll have to wait for "U".

P
Perfect.
Gee do I wish I were perfect! I've learned that I don't have to be "perfect" to be perfect. I learned this through my children. My children are not "perfect"....they aren't "normal" either. Each of my children has some sort of delay. Each of them will face trials I'd really wish they didn't have. But, I have learned that each of my children is perfect. Perfect in God's eyes and perfect in mine. Moses had a speech disturbance, Joseph was a dreamer, Jacob (who became father of all Israel) was a low-life scroundrel. Zacheeus worked for the IRS and skimmed off the top. Peter flat denied that he even knew who Jesus was...3 times. Judas called the cops on Jesus. Yet each of these has their place in our Bible and each was used by God to further His purpose. (Remember, if it wasn't for Judas, we wouldn't be saved.) Each of these people was perfect to God. Exactly the persons that God made them. I am perfect and so are you. Because we are exactly the persons God made us to be. That is a weight lifting thought!

Q
Quiet.
Everyone is asleep but me right now and boy is it nice! Makes me want to crank up my radio and dance! But, of course, if I did that then no one would be asleep!! I enjoy quiet time. I can feel my brain relaxing. I've taken to sitting still with my hands over my face for a couple minutes here and there throughout my day. Just finding a brief moment without so much input to relax the brain and regroup. Drives Gator-boy nuts when I do this...he keeps trying to pull my hands down or push my head up. But sometimes I just need to recenter myself before I can refocus on the kids.

Quilts. I love quilts. I've gotten to where a store bought comforter just won't do. I don't care much for store bought quilts either, but they are good for "dirty work" like picnics and hayrides. I guess I've become a quilt snob.

R
Rest.
For some reason I don't seem to be getting much rest lately. I loathe going to bed and when I do sleep it isn't soundly. I usually sleep very light and fitfully until I hear the garage door open at 6:30am when Subvet comes home. Then I drop off very hard for about an hour when I need to go help with the morning routine. I feel guilty if I take a nap because I have so many things on my to-do list that won't get done. Also, there's always the "if you sleep during the day you won't sleep at night" issue....course since I'm not sleeping at night anyway I don't know why I care...

SSSS
Sarah's Simple Sewing Secrets.
haha, kill 2 birds with 1 stone! I'm really enjoying doing this. I have to keep thinking of things to tell y'all about which keeps me in that "let's create something" frame of mind. I'm always happier when there. Today my sewing secret is very simple. A simple way of keeping from going nuts wondering if this bobbin matches this spool of blue thread or that one.

Before you throw away a worn out pair of shoes, take out the shoestring. You'd be amazed what all you can do with old shoestrings!

T
That's all folks! at least for today! I'm going to go sew a little before everyone wakes up from their naps!

2 comments:

Linda said...

Okay you quilt snob, your "P" entry is definitely perfect in all ways and as for "rest", I have been sleeping horribly myself lately. It seems to take me forever to get to sleep and then when I do, I wake up coughing my head off. Whatever happened to restful slumber?? I want my money back! Oh, wait ... I didn't pay any money ... never mind!

Pen of Jen said...

First off I love the chair and the shoe string for the thread!

A=awesome post
B= because you wrote it
C=Creative crafty mom
D= delightful to stop by!


Thanks for the fun!!!
Jen