1) start on my and Sugars' matching Easter dresses
Done! I've washed and ironed all 7 1/2 yards of the fabric and I have altered the pattern for my dress. I did all this before I figured out that March comes BEFORE April and I therefore should be finishing Sugars' and Gator's birthday gifts FIRST!! :0)
First Down, ball's on the 40
2) post that award post that's been sitting in blogger forever
whew, done! you'll see it on Friday. First Down, ball's on the 30.
3) finish my reading for both last week's and this week's RCIA class.
nope, didn't get that reading finished, but I did go to class! And I'm glad I did, it was one of the best we've had so far! All about Morality as taught by the Catholic church. very very interesting.
4) make a list of all our VHS tapes that we want to replace with DVDs
(Do you realize that I'm doing these as I write this post?? -- it was kinda intended that way because I knew I wouldn't have much time this weekend....then I totally forgot what my goals were!)
OK, here we go. Steele Magnolias, The Maltese Falcon, all 3 of my boxed sets of Poirot movies, Sleepless in Seattle, Fried Green Tomatoes, Ferris Bueler's Day Off, The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly, How to make an American Quilt, Dirty Dancing, Casablanca, Blazing Saddles, How the West Was Won, Das Boot, The Muppet Christmas Carol, Charles Dickens' A Christmas Carol (1951 with Alastair Sim). I think all the rest of these can be trashed...but I'll double check with Subvet first! We won't be buying these anytime soon, it's just that we keep talking about it and this way we can simply work our way down the list one by one as the birthdays/anniversaries/Christmases come along.
OK, that's done, First Down, ball's on the 20.
5) make a book wish list for hubby for my upcoming birthday. ummm, well, I may abandon this one altogether. We're getting canceled all over the place due to fewer patients here lately. Not only is over time non-existant, but full-timers' regular hours are getting cut and we're having to use our PTO to make up the slack for a full paycheck. The other hospitals in the area are all full, matter of fact we've gotten a couple patients from neighboring hospitals because they didn't have any beds left. So it has NOTHING to do "with the economy" and anyone who starts bleating that stuff to me will be shot on sight. I'm sorry but I have a hard time getting all upset when NINETY-THREE PERCENT of the population is still employed. Perhaps not in their choice of job...but employed all the same.
That said, the Mightymom household is once again tightening belts for a bit. I may pick up a second "PRN" job...we'll see. We're a long way from really hurting, but tis better to be frugal.
Now, for next week's goals.
1) make the cloth book for Sugars' birthday
2) work on the map wallhanging for Gator's birthday (gonna have to find some backing fabric...)
3) read for RCIA (ahem)
4) back to Easter dresses!
5) go through the boxes of clothes we've been given bor Sugars and see if there's anything in there she can wear right now.
And you?? what are your goals for the week??