Subvet tagged me for the 7 non-important things meme
So here we go;
1. When tagged, place the name and URL on your blog.
2. Post the rules on your blog.
3. Write 7 non-important things/quirks/habits about yourself.
4. Name 7 of your favorite blogs.
The non-important things are:
1. I LOVE the Beatles! I am a second generation Beatlemaniac...and Sonshine is a third generation!! (Subvet hates this)
2. I HATE being called "white". It's not an ethnicity, it's a color...and unless you're colorblind, I'm not white. I'm pink/peach/light tan depending. I prefer to be called American.
3. I grew up in the poor part of South Dallas, I was one of about 10 "white" students in the entire elementary school (Kindergarten through 6th grade) the population was primarily of African descent, with more than a fair few of Hispanic or Mexican descent.
4. I refuse to use my maiden name as my middle initial because of the harassment and abuse I suffered in elementary school (by both students and teachers) where I was known as "Sarah T." To this day that name haunts me.
5. There were only 11 people at my wedding. Counting us and our preacher.
from closest to furthest. My Grandmother and Grandfather (deceased) My mother, My sister, my brother, my step-mother, my dad, my brother.
You can figure out who's who in the other one!
6. Ours was the first wedding in our (then fledgling) church. All Nations United Methodist Church, who's motto was "diverse by design". This church was founded with the idea to desegregate "the most segregated hour in America".
7. I hate the song "Sara Smile". You try having a song sung to you over and over by every smart aleck you ever run into. And besides...they didn't even spell the name right! :-)
Now, who to tag? Frankly folks, time's ticking away here in my ALONE time and I have things to do. So, if you feel like doing this meme go ahead. I'll see y'all later tonight!
Have a happy day.