My Husband "Subvet" says that when our first son "Sonshine" was born the sun rose on our world, when our second son "Gator" was born the sun laughed and when our daughter "Sugars" was born all the flowers bloomed. That says it all.

"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...
It's about learning how to dance in the rain."
Anonymous

Your mind is the garden, your
thoughts are the seeds, the harvest can either be flowers or weeds. — William
Wordsworth

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Tiny Talk Tuesday

TINY TALK TUESDAY is once again upon us. Go see Mary at Not Before 7 to see more of this fun event.

Sonshine is learning to write his name. He's known how to spell it for awhile....he's also known all his letters and their sounds for awhile....so I'm not sure why this suddenly came up.

It's a O Mama, O looks like a donut! We have donuts for supper? YEEES Mama, you need to cook donuts for supper!!!!


And you know it's got to be good when your (blogger) husband calls you on the phone and says you need to read a particular post....then when you say you're not going to get on the comp tonight as you have other things going on he proceeds to read you the post.....well, it was good enough to steal!

Have you ever asked your child a question too many times? My three-year-old
son had a lot of problems with potty training and I was on him constantly.
One day we stopped at Taco Bell for a quick lunch in between errands. It was
very busy, with a full dining room. While enjoying my taco, I smelled
something funny, so of course I checked my seven-month-old daughter, and she
was clean. Then I realized that Danny had not asked to go potty in a while,
so I asked him if he needed to go, and he said "No".

I kept thinking "Oh Lord, that child has had an accident, and I don't have
any clothes with me."

Then I said, "Danny, are you SURE you didn't have an accident?" "No," he
replied. I just KNEW that he must have had an accident, because the smell
was getting worse Soooooo, I asked one more time, "Danny , did you have an
accident?" This time he jumped up, yanked down his pants, bent over and
spread his cheeks and yelled "SEE MOM, IT'S JUST FARTS!!" While 30 people
nearly choked to death on their tacos laughing, he calmly pulled up his
pants and sat down. An old couple made me feel better by thanking me for the
best laugh they'd ever had!


thanks Cookie

Question: When is a WalMart NOT a WalMart?

Answer. When it is located on the ritzy side of town, the writing is in green, not blue and it says "Neighborhood Market".

Well, my new job officially starts on Monday and I needed a couple more items to complete my trousseau. So I decided to stop by WalMart and pick em up. I was on the "other" side of "town" (actually in a neighboring suburb) and swung by their WalMart to get my last few items. I needed 1) a new purse as the one I've had was falling apart and about 20 years old. I'd quit carrying it and just stuck my wallet et al in the diaper bag. 2) a new watch as the one I had stopped and I never bothered to replace it.... and 3) a lock to put on my locker at work. Now, you'd think these 3 things should be easily found at WalMart right??????

NOPE. Not at our supersnotty supercilious WalMart Neighborhood Market.

Unless you're looking for things that can be found at a GROCERY STORE, don't bother. I hightailed it back to the land of the blue smocks and found everything I needed thank you very much!

In other news. I thought I'd let you watch a little show down that's taking place in our home.

Subvet and I each have 50 pounds we'd like to lose. SO, we've decided to have a contest. Yesterday was the kickoff. We will weigh in every Monday morning and I'll let you know who's ahead. Maybe I can come up with some cutesie widget thing for the sidebar....I dunno.


Speaking of sidebars, there's too much junk in my sidebar. But I can't decide what to get rid of. So, you tell me. What do you actually look at in my sidebar? anything? everything? Give me some feedback here folks.

7 comments:

Diane@Diane's Place said...

Hmm...something tells me the weight loss competition is going to get pretty fierce around your place....

Emmy stinks so bad sometimes I just KNOW there's something in her nappy, but the majority of the time she's clean as a whistle, it's just the poots.

MightyMom said...

Ghost poop strikes again!! :-)

BumbleVee said...

My sister was at a nice little restaurant and her husband took their 3 year old to the washroom. A short time later, she hears her son shouting out at the top of his little lungs...happy as a clam from the far end of the restaurant... "I go-ed poo Mom!!"

She just said..... "that's nice son" and then, with very pink cheeks, slid waaaaay down in her chair.... It was many years ago; she was a kid herself at the time. We tell the story often (to him and his friends) We have a few laughs at his expense now....

Karen H. said...

Good Afternoon Mighty Mom,
I was ROFLMBO reading about your son. That was just too funny. I know it had to embarrass you. I'm glad there was an older couple who got you thru it tho. Sounds like a might good contest going on in your household now. "GOOD LUCK". I need to lose some weight, but it's so hard when you don't have anyone else helping you along or in your case a cometition. It's such a shame how Wal-Mart is these day's. They have just gone to the pits in my book. I hate going there anymore. Most of the people who work there are so rude and act like they don't want to help you. I bet Sam Walton would turn over in his grave if he knew this. Take care my friend and have a great day. May God Bless You and Yours.

Hugs,
Karen H.

... said...

the taco bell story is tooooo funny :D thanks for sharing it.

let's see... on a sidebar, i like to see pictures - family or otherwise, blogroll, other sorts of links, and tags.

you can change your archives view to just a total for each month - unless you like having each post listed. some do.

i don't think your sidebar looks too crowded but since there's no division between your posts and your sidebar, it makes it all look too crowded. i'd try seperating them somehow - different color or maybe even a different template. just my two cents - not worth much :]

Mary@notbefore7 said...

That is so funny. Did you post that before? it sounds familiar. Maybe I have read too many Tiny Talks.

Good luck with the side bar...it is tough. I have had to work on my stuff over and over.

I turned my awards into a list adn just linked to the blog entry when I won them and that eliminated a lot of graphic stuff.

Anonymous said...

I think I've been to that same WalMart. Don't try buying sunscreen or a ballcap there, either.

Sheesh, the little boy in the TAco Bell sounds strangely familiar...