My Husband "Subvet" says that when our first son "Sonshine" was born the sun rose on our world, when our second son "Gator" was born the sun laughed and when our daughter "Sugars" was born all the flowers bloomed. That says it all.

"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...
It's about learning how to dance in the rain."
Anonymous

Your mind is the garden, your
thoughts are the seeds, the harvest can either be flowers or weeds. — William
Wordsworth

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

if you were wondering..

I have worked 84 hours in the last 9 days. whew!

Fortunately I have tonight and tomorrow night off and then I get into a much nicer schedule. 1 week of 3 12s, then 4 12s a week for all of Feb. Much more doable fur sure! I've missed all of you and am glad to be back!

I told you that I'd keep you posted with our weight race. Thus far after 2 weeks I have lost 3lbs and Subvet has lost 3.5lbs. :-) For those who missed it, we're trying to see who can lose 50lbs first. Winner gets to pick a restaurant for a dinner out together....WITHOUT KIDS!! ;-) (Disclaimer: before you start to worry, I am a nurse...no fad diets allowed.)

This question thing has really taken off! I'm still getting questions in comments and I love that soooo much I'm gonna keep right on answering them! So, any time you have a burnin question just ask away!

Diana asked "how many words have you posted? it's a good thing for us when you have the late night hours to sit and type for our reading enjoyment. i have another question for you... why don't you sleep during those hours?"

OK, near as I can count I've put up 47 words to date....
I didn't sleep well when Subvet was at work for a couple of reasons. One is that I have insomnia, the other is that I had a hard time getting into that very big, cold bed. Now I don't sleep to make my life easier and stay on a good schedule since I'm the one working nights.

Linda asked "Do you honestly not know these words before you post them? And here all this time I thought you were showing off what a knowledgeable gal you are!"
Ayayayayay!!! NO I specifically pick words that I DON'T KNOW for every Thesaurus Thursday post. And most of the questions I put out there I don't know the answers to either. I love to learn. This is how I learn....you get to come along for the ride and maybe we'll all have fun on the way!

Mommyof5 asked "How old are your little ones now? You have 2 boys and a girl? How early were they born? Do you want anymore?"
My little ones are 4, almost 3 and almost 1. The oldest 2 are boys and littlest is a girl. Sonshine was born at 37 weeks, Gator at 35 (spent a week in NICU), and Sugars at 35 weeks, 5 days. NO, no more, I had my tubes tied after Sugars was born and will have a hysterectomy sometime soon. (Will that mean I can no longer get hysterical??)

PenofJen aka Ma Kettle said "So an award in the comment section...minus the hoopla!! Most delightful post of the Day award...just made up by aka lady!
Jen"
Thanks dearie! That means a lot.

Pinky said "First...a book meme??? I'm not what you would call a "reader". I'll give it a go.
Second, a po'boy got it's name because back in the day it was the only food poor boys could afford. (?) Right? I dunno."
Yes, a book meme. You do to read, and I can't wait to find out your answers as the type of books you read (non-fiction) are very different to what I read and I'd love to broaden my scope a bit! Good try and very close. I'll put up another post about the Po' Boys....ummm makes me HUNGRY!!!!

Stephanie said "Right back at you on the award. Don't know if that's allowable, but I couldn't list my daily favorites without yours!"
Thanks girl!

Ignorant Redneck said "I have a brain. It's in my closet, in a box. Taped shut"
This cracked me up!! I dang near peed myself laughing at that one! IR, you NEEEEED to come back by on Thursday and add your wit to the game!! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!

Glenn said "Well I took the test, then when they started requiring that I fill in page after page about offer after offer, my brain finally kicked into gear, and I quite that annoying site. Would have been fun had the brain test been just that, a fun test, instead of an advertising come-on."
I agree totally, and almost didn't stay with it long enough to get my results. Can't even get my mail without having to look at a bunch of ads...and they keep moving which catches my eye and really annoys me!

1 comment:

nancy said...

Just a note to say I've been here! Hope your week is going along well. God bless you,
Nancy