My Husband "Subvet" says that when our first son "Sonshine" was born the sun rose on our world, when our second son "Gator" was born the sun laughed and when our daughter "Sugars" was born all the flowers bloomed. That says it all.

"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...
It's about learning how to dance in the rain."
Anonymous

Your mind is the garden, your
thoughts are the seeds, the harvest can either be flowers or weeds. — William
Wordsworth

Monday, October 15, 2007

my day

OK, I'm a little busy and kinda stressed. Subvet is at the airport awaiting his mother's plane. We've got a Halloween Carnival for special needs kids to go to on Sat so I need to get my Pumpkin Patch Kids' outfits made and (of course) because I REALLY want my darlings to be happy this evenig and thereby make a good impression...they are again boycotting their naps!

SO, I'll just leave you with this funny I was emailed today.

Remember to smile today!




A minister decided to do something a little different one Sunday morning.


He said "Today, in church, I am going to say a single word and you are going to help me preach.


Whatever single word I say, I want you to sing whatever hymn that comes to your mind."The pastor shouted out "CROSS."

Immediately the congregation started singing in unison, "THE OLD RUGGED CROSS."

The pastor hollered out "GRACE." The congregation began to sing "AMAZING GRACE, how sweet the sound."

The pastor said "POWER." The congregation sang "THERE IS POWER IN THE BLOOD."

The Pastor said "SEX" The congregation fell into total silence.

Everyone was in shock. They all nervously began to look around at each other afraid to say anything.

Then all of a sudden, way from in the back of the church,
a little old 87 year old grandmother stood up and began to sing "PRECIOUS MEMORIES."

7 comments:

Diane@Diane's Place said...

Don't stress, Sarah. It won't change a thing and will only make you feel bad. It won't change your MIL's impression one bit. It will be fine, trust me.

The joke is hilarious! ;o)

Hugs,

Diane

... said...

sorry you're feeling so stressed. i agree with diane... try not to feel overwhelmed and try to enjoy your time with your mil and with your own family as well. good luck on those costumes.

Pen of Jen said...

Yep the joke made me smile too! Thanks for the apple!

Be strong and smile lots....

Stephanie D said...

If she's really a mom, she'll understand how kidlets can be. Maybe you can recruit her to read them a story while you sew!

Be sure you post photos of those darling little costumes--can't wait to see how you make them up.

Love the sex. Joke, I mean.

Berber said...

Hope you finished the outfits in time... will you show them?!

Susan said...

I'm in agreement about seeing the kids in their cute costumes.

Thanks for your comment today. You make me smile calling ME a preacher!!!!
Susan

Unknown said...

That's a keeper! Love it!