My Husband "Subvet" says that when our first son "Sonshine" was born the sun rose on our world, when our second son "Gator" was born the sun laughed and when our daughter "Sugars" was born all the flowers bloomed. That says it all.

"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...
It's about learning how to dance in the rain."
Anonymous

Your mind is the garden, your
thoughts are the seeds, the harvest can either be flowers or weeds. — William
Wordsworth

Friday, November 5, 2010

a look ahead

Well, I found out that I didn't get the NICU job I'd interviewed for.

So now I'm just waiting for the private duty job to come through. Hopefully sooner rather than later.

Now that Halloween is done it's on to Christmas! Which means I need to really get in gear and get some gifts made! Since I got put oncall tonight I've spent the last several hours getting all the pieces ready for the kids to assemble our ornaments this weekend.

For those of you who don't know, I usually start making our gifts in August, and my deadline is to have them all done by Thanksgiving.

Well, I didn't start till late Sept, (then had to stop and make these costumes) and it is now only THREE WEEKS till Thanksgiving!!!!
yikes!


and has anyone else experienced their hits going up but comments down this week??? it feels so weird!!

my only goal this week is the Christmas gifts, well that and a new job.....so wish me luck!

what's your goal for the week??

7 comments:

Evansmom said...

Good luck on getting the new job and getting a great start on the Christmas gifts.

A Bit of the Blarney said...

Hoping all works out. You have so much energy!!! I really admire you! Cathy

ellen b. said...

Sorry about the NICU job. Hope the other works out soon.

Adrienne said...

That's too bad about the job. I have great faith that something even better will appear when you least expect it.

My goal is to finish the outside work in the next two days. Because of the weather we have done so much more autumn clean-up than we usually do. I'm hoping this will make next year much easier.

Can you say garden railroad? Hey - you have a railroad background and love trains. Why not a small garden railroad in your backyard? The kidlets would love it!

Stephanie D said...

Well, it looks like the decision-making is out of your hands now. Hoping the private duty job comes through quickly!

You DO remember a certain post of mine, where I mentioned a future date?

I don't seem so nuts now, do I?

Linda said...

Sorry to hear that you didn't get the NICU job but I've got my fingers crossed for the private nursing job so hopefully it will come through soon as I could really use those fingers better if they weren't crossed! Do you know how hard it is to type with your fingers crossed??

I've noticed that comments are most definitely down lately but I attribute some of that to the fact that I've been so busy at work that I've been behind on blog-reading and commenting myself. That's the thing about blogging - if you want comments, you gotta give comments! Or at least that's how it works for most of us - celebrities don't have do anything but be celebrities! Doesn't quite seem fair, does it??

Good luck getting those gifts done, I've barely even though about gifts or Christmas yet but I know it's fast-approaching. It seems to get here quicker and quicker each year!

Lisa said...

Sarah -- dang about the NICU. I've had more experience than I wish I'd had in that part of a hospital, but hav egthe highest regard for the nurses there --- Oh, my gosh, they rock! But, obviously, this one wasn't God's will. Saying a word to St. GIanna for you for The Right Job!

And, ya know... Funny you should mention the hits being up and comments down... I've been puzzling over that, too. Looking thru the details at sitemeter, the hits are coming from strange places and there are a lot of duplicates. I can't help but wonder if there's something wrong with their tally or something... My comments have been pretty slow, too, but I figure that's just because I'm boring. :o/ Hmmm...