My Husband "Subvet" says that when our first son "Sonshine" was born the sun rose on our world, when our second son "Gator" was born the sun laughed and when our daughter "Sugars" was born all the flowers bloomed. That says it all.

"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...
It's about learning how to dance in the rain."
Anonymous

Your mind is the garden, your
thoughts are the seeds, the harvest can either be flowers or weeds. — William
Wordsworth

Saturday, November 20, 2010

just what I needed to hear!

A friend put this quote up on facebook. And it happens to be just perfect for me today!

Finish every day and be done with it. You have done what you could; some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; you shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

How about you? Do you fret over things after they're said and done??

6 comments:

Sara said...

Who? Me?

ellen b. said...

:0) I might have to borrow that...

Linda said...

Yes, I do. Unlike Ralph Waldo I've never developed the knack to just forget it and let it go. I need to and I should but alas, it doesn't seem to be in my genetic makeup. Though I will say that I've gotten it better at it as I get older!

Bill Lisleman said...

I just read your comment joke about the starship circling. Maybe you are fretting over that one, but I got a laugh from it.
It can still be hard not to fall into the "what if" trap at times but too much rear view driving is a waste of time and can get you into another accident.

Lisa said...

Oh, do I. I should not be allowed out in public without a keeper...

Unknown said...

You know I do girl! I fret! But you dear heart have tried to get me to aim for simple goals! I just like gettingit all done in one day!