My Husband "Subvet" says that when our first son "Sonshine" was born the sun rose on our world, when our second son "Gator" was born the sun laughed and when our daughter "Sugars" was born all the flowers bloomed. That says it all.

"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...
It's about learning how to dance in the rain."
Anonymous

Your mind is the garden, your
thoughts are the seeds, the harvest can either be flowers or weeds. — William
Wordsworth

Monday, June 29, 2009

yeehaw! UPDATED!!

boxes are arriving!

As each of you post/email me about your haul I'll add links to this post. I'd do a Mr Linky thing, but he and I haven't been speaking to each other, and as he owes me an apology I'm not breaking the silence first!



Here's Lori's post on her stuff.

Sara sent me an email saying
"Oh, I got my box of yarn! I love the colors! I'll have to use them all together to make something---I haven't decided what yet. And, yes, I did wonder what the heck the wooden sticks were for! If you know, let me in on the secret!"

Does anyone remember knitted or crocheted purses/bags where you have 2 semicircles of wood at the top, each about 8-10" long, one for the front and another for the back of the purse, there are slits in each end of the wood for the knitted/crocheted handle to be threaded through? I'm trying to find a pattern or a pic of a purse made with these and can't.


Diane posted about her boxes here!

And here's ellen's post!


I'm soo very glad that this stuff has become YOURS to figure out uses and arrange storage for!


As for me, here's my stash in it's new home.


The row of tubs to the far left with the green handles is all grandmother's stuff. As well as that blue topped box on the floor.

There's a couple of very small boxes in Sugars' closet that have quilts in progress from her and then this basket of odds and ends. I took the little stuff I need to send here and there off the top. But inside this basket is MORE THREAD!!





a finished and starched handmade crocheted lace collar....too bad folks don't wear these anymore as this is really beautiful.



And assorted crocheted odds and ends that some day I'll figure out what to do with.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I know it just tickles your heart to know others are getting such joy out of your goodies.
Yes I remember those purses! Who could forget them!?

ellen b. said...

Hello MM!
The package was here when I arrived in Washington Sunday night along with a table full of mail :0)
I'm sorting and photographing and working on a post...
I'll let you know when it's ready. I'm finding less time this week to blog since Dear leaves on Sunday and we're having a crowd over on Saturday and we are getting a new oven installed on Thursday...you catch my drift :0)

... said...

it must be fun for you to hear people's excitement upon receiving their packages. i think giving gifts blesses the giver just as much as the receiver.

ellen b said...

My post is up! here's the link
http://happywonderer.wordpress.com/2009/07/01/the-box-from-mighty-mom/

Mrs4444 said...

The little ones could be Christmas ornaments...

Lisa said...

I"m sorry I'm so late in properly thanking you for our wonderful box of goodies! (Gosh, but it's been a zoo around here!) But, you know how much we loved getting it, don't you? &:o)) The Barbie skirt is now properly relegated to the dollhouse and has been removed from the chapel veil bag. And we've already made a stab at the beautiful little ribbon crosses. You're so sweet and so generous to share with us!