My Husband "Subvet" says that when our first son "Sonshine" was born the sun rose on our world, when our second son "Gator" was born the sun laughed and when our daughter "Sugars" was born all the flowers bloomed. That says it all.

"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...
It's about learning how to dance in the rain."
Anonymous

Your mind is the garden, your
thoughts are the seeds, the harvest can either be flowers or weeds. — William
Wordsworth

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Science Experiment

I decided that since I had 6 weeks off work I would eschew all things work related.

I would not:

wear scrubs
wear my tennis shoes
wear my watch
stay up all night
eat at 1AM instead of with the family


I also decided along these same lines I would not cut my fingernails. Years ago I remember having long fingernails without any effort and I wondered how they would grow if left completely alone.

Well, tonight's the time to go back to work so I must cut my fingernails. I'm glad to see them go honestly, they'd gotten so long they were in my way all the time! But I was a good blogger and took pictures first!




oh and that one short one I sliced off while trying to chop an onion a week ago.

There you have it. How long can my nails get in 6 weeks without any filing, polish or other attention.

have a good day y'all.

7 comments:

Diane@Diane's Place said...

I LOVE the new header pic! Adorable, all of the little scutters!

I wondered when you went back to work; now I know.

Your fingernails are shaped so pretty. I wish mine were. I have no problem growing nails, I just don't like their shape, and when they get too long they interfere with my typing, so off with them!

Hope you have a good first night back at work, and a good week.

Happy Father's Day to Subvet!

(Do you tell your priest/Father, Happy Father's Day? ;o)

Susan said...

Cute, sweet header of the kids. Your nails look great and very pretty.
Susan

ellen b. said...

Wow back to work already??
I love the new header photos! The kids look so sweet. What a nice view outside from your table...

Stephanie D said...

Wow, has it been 6 weeks already? Welcome back (I think) to the land of overtime and short-staffing and body fluids!

I can't let my fingernails grow--they bug me too much! Besides, it's easier to get the garden dirt out if they're short!

Love the new pic of the kidlets!

Adrienne said...

Lovely nails! I'm like Stephanie and can't believe 6 weeks has passed...

Mrs4444 said...

Holy cow-that's impressive. And I love your new header; it's perfect :)

Rita Loca said...

Very nice. a little unfair that you must cut your and I could have long ones but my nails are so thin and brittle, they break easily.