My Husband "Subvet" says that when our first son "Sonshine" was born the sun rose on our world, when our second son "Gator" was born the sun laughed and when our daughter "Sugars" was born all the flowers bloomed. That says it all.

"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...
It's about learning how to dance in the rain."
Anonymous

Your mind is the garden, your
thoughts are the seeds, the harvest can either be flowers or weeds. — William
Wordsworth

Monday, June 22, 2009

Back to work...sigh

I'd rather be home.

It's true.

I have no reason to complain about work tonight as so far things have been going swimmmingly...I'd just rather be home.

The good news is that they haven't blocked my internet access as of yet!

So I thought I'd answer some of the questions that are piling up.

For starters that header pic was taken at my Dad's house Saturday. We went over there to enjoy a Father's day BBQ of hot dogs and hamburgers. I've always loved their kitchen! This is the "breakfast nook". More pictures of the trip will be forthcoming after my 3 night stint of work when I can upload them. :-) Dad's house backs up to a farm/ranch that currently houses a donkey, a wheezy horse (poor guy) a miniature horse and mamma and baby longhorns. We had a lot of fun feeding the cows and talking to the horses...especially Sugars who screamed bloody murder when it was time to eat and had to literally be drug away kicking and screaming.

Jungle Mom, try taking over the counter prenatal vitamins!

Diane: bated breath - Breathing that is subdued because of some emotion or difficulty. you could sit on pins and needles if you'd prefer.

Steph, I don't know when they'll get there. Some of the boxes were shipped priority mail in the flat rate boxes, others were shipped regular, so they will probably arrive in a trickle. And don't ask me who got how many boxes...I didn't keep track.

Pops, it's a bunny's purple raincoat. I'll try to remember to take a picture of it and it's owner here soon....later in the week. It's the same raincoat he decided to wrap his "flower" in here.

Harry, alas, no records. All of those would have been claimed by one of my aunts. I only got the scraps that no one else wanted. (I'm the only one who sews anymore)

I'm not sure about those rose cuttings. It's been so hot out that I'm having a hard time keeping their soil moist. I sure hope that they live...but if not I'll just get more from my aunt.

I'll try to take a pic of my newly relocated stash. Hubby didn't want it to all go back in Sugars' closet so he lovingly gave me the space under his workbench in the garage. I've gotten all of grandmother's stuff that I kept sorted into plastic tubs and stored away. Well except for one box. I didn't quite buy enough tubs! I put the tubs/boxes containing works in progress in her closet and everything else outside. For the record, I just hate storing things in cardboard boxes. I think the cardboard attracts bugs and critters! I need to go and get some plastic tubs for our Christmas tree and decorations. But, for now, I'm enjoying the happiness of another project completed!!

7 comments:

Susan said...

Enjoyed this newsy, informative post. Your dad's place looks and sounds wonderful...especially for the kids!!!
Susan

Linda said...

So sorry to hear that your 'medical leave' has come to an end already and it's back to the old grind. At least you had an easy day back, right?

Hang in there - retirement is only what, 40 years?, away!

Sherry said...

Please come to my house. I have tons of stuff that needs to be pitched. I feel purge envy.

Unknown said...

Your father's place sounds wonderful! Our cow pastures just about disappeared when all the crazy building was going on in our area! We still have some cows across the highway at a neighbors ranch. I just love them! Cows are so sweet. I love their eyes. Now longhorns in sight would be awesome. I love the paint color in your parent's kitchen!

Glad you're back at work because that means you healed without complications - a blessing, right?

Stephanie D said...

So sorry you're still broke and have to work.

So sorry I'm in the same boat.

Row, row, row......


Bail, bail, bail....

... said...

welcome back to work. it must be hard going back after having so much time off. hope you're feeling up to working.

ABNPOPPA said...

Thanks for that. I feel so much better! It was driving me crazy!

Pops