My Husband "Subvet" says that when our first son "Sonshine" was born the sun rose on our world, when our second son "Gator" was born the sun laughed and when our daughter "Sugars" was born all the flowers bloomed. That says it all.

"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...
It's about learning how to dance in the rain."
Anonymous

Your mind is the garden, your
thoughts are the seeds, the harvest can either be flowers or weeds. — William
Wordsworth

Thursday, September 18, 2008

To Birdie and Stephanie

Birdie,

My problem is that I have a hyperactive muse. When she goes on vacation I tend to finish a couple of things...then she comes back and her ADHD turns my 5 or so projects in planning to 35 or so. Wonder if they have Ritalin in muse-land??

I have actually been every size as an adult from 2 to XXL and I can honestly say that the best size for finding clothes is a 10/12 or 12/14. If you're smaller than a 6/8 FORGET IT!! I hated that about being a 2/4, I was forever wearing clothes that were too big and taking in the waist so it wouldn't fall off. And my current size I've already discussed ;-) I don't know why the people in charge don't realize that women come in every size and all of us at each stage should be accomodated.

Stephanie,

No, darling. I am fundamentally opposed to Trick or Treating. For those of you who weren't around last year, I believe it does nothing but celebrate greed and gluttony. However, in order to allow my kids to dress up and put a more positive spin on the non-holiday I will do what we've done the last two years. I will make them costumes, they will dress up and we will all sit on my porch "handing out" candy. This way they get to see all the costumes, they get oooo'd and aaaahhh'd over in their costumes and we learn a little about focusing on GIVING rather than ACCUMULATING/HOARDING and my house doesn't end up with 50lbs of candy that none of us needs. If we were able, I would, however, come to YOUR house and take their pictures in your mad scientist's laboratory! It's gonna be soooo cool!!

3 comments:

CrimeSceneFairy said...

Hello!!! My friend Verja-Funnybunny won Thesaurus THursday so I thought I'd come check it out. :) Me thinks I like your blog.

Stephanie D said...

I wish you were closer so you could! And I'd totally love to have some candy-givers over here!

That yo-yo ticker is still moving! Love it!

Charlotte said...

I agree that trick-or-treat can lead to greed/gluttony, but only if parents let their kids look at it that way and/or let it get out of control. It all starts with proper attitude and instruction as to the true meaning of Halloween in light of Catholic history. Parents who let their kids run wild, trying to get to as many houses as possible to get as much candy as possible, are the ones guilty of promoting the greed/gluttony attitude.