My Husband "Subvet" says that when our first son "Sonshine" was born the sun rose on our world, when our second son "Gator" was born the sun laughed and when our daughter "Sugars" was born all the flowers bloomed. That says it all.

"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...
It's about learning how to dance in the rain."
Anonymous

Your mind is the garden, your
thoughts are the seeds, the harvest can either be flowers or weeds. — William
Wordsworth

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Catching up with comments left in the comments.

To all who commented on the weighted backpack. Thanks. I just wish Gator-boy liked it as much as you do! According to the teacher he doesn't want to wear it, but does seem calmer once they try it and then take it off. Using weights is an idea I got from his Occupational Therapist a year or so ago.

On the Trend Micro Antivirus issue, I will be following Diana's advice and giving them honest, constructive feedback...once I can type about it without using those symbols at the top of the number keys ;-)

And yes, there are warmers (they look like ovens) that keep a stack of blankets warm and at the ready on the hospital floor. Next time you're there be sure and ask for a "warm blanket"....you'll be glad you did!

In the chit chat department............

My job is going very well. I'm working with a great group of nurses and techs.

I started the classes to learn more about/convert to Catholicism tonight. Met a great group of people and am excited about moving forward into this next adventure for my life. I ask that you keep me and our family in your prayers as we discern what is best for us.

I finally lost enough weight to make a difference. Guys won't understand this, but for women there are two departments that you can buy clothes from. "women's" and "plus sizes"; size 16 is the bordertown of the department store. If you wear a 14 or smaller you go to Women's, 18 or bigger is plus size. 16 can be found in either. Well I was wearing a 16W jeans (the W means it came from the plus size department) It broke my heart to have to go to the 16W last year....now I can say I'm back in a plain 16!! Now my sights are set on that pair of pre-Sugars' size 14 jeans in my closet. Will keep you posted!


EEK, my planning has taken a drastic turn. When planning Christmas gift making...I forgot that I wanted to make Halloween costumes too! EE Gads! Fortunately, as some of you have commented, the yoyos are going quickly. So now I've moved the due date up to Sept 30th in order to allow time to make my 3 peas and their pod. Of course, this means that I need to get off this computer and start sewing, huh??!!

I've just now discovered Google Reader. oooooo aaaaaahhhhh ooooooo aaaaaaaahhhhh, now I can save time and only click on your blogs when you have a new post to read. But I have one question. How do I get it to delete all the read ones from the reader?? Delete, not mark as read....I don't like having all those posts cluttering up the inbox, I mean it has every post you've ever posted on there!!

Time to go and sew some yoyos!

Y'all take care now.....

6 comments:

Stephanie D said...

So, if you're making Halloween costumes, does this mean y'all will be taking the kids out trick-or-treating?

I don't like the blog reader on my dashboard because it DOES have every entry. I prefer going through the reader heading under google "more". Then when I click on the bold lettered blogs, I get all the entries I haven't read yet. Once I scroll down to the bottom, since they are in reverse chronological order, the bold goes away and when I read all entries and click to another blog, the entries disappear.

I usually don't comment when I'm at work, because I get interrupted and lose my train of thought, so if I want to go back later and leave a comment, I mark it as unread.

Another problem with Reader is that you have to go to the site itself to see photos most of the time.

Stephanie D said...

Another sneaky positive to Reader is that once you post an entry, it stays in Google Reader even if you delete it from your site.

Sheep, Wolves, Wolfdog.

Creepy, huh?

Sarah - Kala said...

What are the yoyo's?

... said...

i noticed your tortoise on your sidebar when i stopped by yesterday. i meant to comment on it and obviously forgot. great job!

i don't use google reader. i use netvibes where you can see the actual blog when you press on a post. and you control how many posts are shown in the little window for that blog. i've been using it for over a year now and found it is the only reader i like.

Carole Burant said...

Good for you for losing weight and fitting into smaller jeans:-) I was gone shopping for clothes last night and trying some on...NOT a pretty sight! lol I need to find my willpower and put it to work...not reaching for chocolate whenever I'm hungry!!!

You mentioned those warmed blankets at the hospital...I remember being in the recovery room after surgery and feeling cold. The nurse put a couple of those warmed blankets on me and oh how wonderful they felt:-) xoxo

Birdie said...

*L* you sound like me with all the projects in the air. Why oh why do I do this to myself?!? I feel like I'll drown under the load of half completed crafty stuff I've done, but I feel equally compelled to be creative in new ways all the time. Is there a balance? Not when you have ADD I guess! God help me (seriously!). I simply must quit my job, that's all there is to it *L* Oh if only!
Good luck with the yoyos. That made me tired just looking at it. I'd get halfway through and think, well, maybe they wont notice that it's only HALF a bear...*S*
Congrats on the weight loss. You knwo what bugs me? When I go past the women's section I see cute stuff I want but they don't have it in MY size! Why do the women get to have it and I (am I still a woman??) don't?? I ask you, is that fair?