My Husband "Subvet" says that when our first son "Sonshine" was born the sun rose on our world, when our second son "Gator" was born the sun laughed and when our daughter "Sugars" was born all the flowers bloomed. That says it all.

"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...
It's about learning how to dance in the rain."
Anonymous

Your mind is the garden, your
thoughts are the seeds, the harvest can either be flowers or weeds. — William
Wordsworth

Sunday, April 6, 2008

costumes and blogs....

Let's see, I think we'll dress up as 1 fabulous old fart, 1 brain-dead crazy woman and 3 hooligans....how's that sound?

So far as the Dragon Wagon goes we'll have to see...this is going to be a big financial splurge for us so I'm guessing we'll skip it and take our double stroller instead, we're planning on packing our lunch and going to the car to eat it, then back in (if they let us) for the parade at 1pm before calling it quits for the day...then everyone can sleep on the way home!! (well, all except Dad of course) It's almost 75 miles from our house and will take us about an hour and a half each way so this will be quite the BIG EVENT....and as for photos....DUH. :-)

Oh, did I mention how EXCITED I am??

The kids are gonna love it! (I, of course, will just have to suffer through as best I can and offer it up for the poor souls in pergatory..... NOT!)



NOW, let me introduce you to a new friend....


Drum Roll Please........




(are you drumming??????)





(come on, drum LOUDER!)




Ladies and Gentlemen: I am proud to present Gretchen's Candles

Gretchen is also known as Airborne Momma as she is Airborne Poppa's BETTER half. (Just don't tell him I said that ok?) This lovely lady has been a nurse for 31 years and makes her own scented candles....which immediately means she's my best friend forever now! And it was her son's return that inspired that last (terribly embarrasing) Happy Dance.

Go on by and give Gretchen a warm welcome to the blogosphere!

3 comments:

Pen of Jen said...

Have a great getaway and I think that you will have a great time!

We took the boys once in Germany and had an incredible time.

Can't wait to see photos!

nancy said...

Yes, the photos! Do get plenty.
I went to Gretchen's site. this is going to be fun. She's got a lot of good information. Which is why I'm sitting here with a vanilla bean up my nose. "More recent literature suggests vanilla assists in weight loss by decreasing the craving for sweets."
Thank you for confirming once again my silliness.
Nancy

Stephanie D said...

How did I miss this post?

Just went to Gretchen's site--looks like it'll be fun. I bought a book on aromatherapy from a garage sale, but then never did anything with it.