My Husband "Subvet" says that when our first son "Sonshine" was born the sun rose on our world, when our second son "Gator" was born the sun laughed and when our daughter "Sugars" was born all the flowers bloomed. That says it all.

"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...
It's about learning how to dance in the rain."
Anonymous

Your mind is the garden, your
thoughts are the seeds, the harvest can either be flowers or weeds. — William
Wordsworth

Wednesday, April 9, 2008

comment worthy of a post

Cookie..... said...
BTW Sarah...I also was wondering about the apparent lack of submissions fer "oxpecker", and I think you might just be correct....folks were afraid of possibly offending ya, or maybe me (Bwahahha).....

Glad you made it clear to all yur readers just what kind of crazy, hard drinkin and hard partyin, nut-bustin, profanity spewin word-smiths we Submariners are.....

After all...anyone who volunteerily sails around the worlds oceans underwater in a large tube that carries enuff nuclear weapons and nuclear power to annihilate most of mankind....can't be all there and certainly must be lacking many social skills because of the complete lack of contact with other human beings....

4 comments:

ABNPOPPA said...

Well I have to stand up for Subvet. BECAUSE... someone rides around the world under water for months at a time is EXACTLY the reason we have the right to type our comments on the internet about any and everything. A little crazy, hmmm, truly a patriot, yes!

Thank Subvet for me and my kids and grandkids.

And... I ain't commenting on no Oxpecker or en vitro fertilzation. Certain things ain't meant ta be ah.. talked about in mixed company.

Humble wife said...

You know after much pondering, I realize that life is still like gradeschool...someone else better do it...or like the Mikey Life commercials...I'm not gonna do it, YOU do it!

And language of the submariners may sound gruff, but their hearts are not. It is apparent from all I have read here and elsewhere!

So don't feel slighted...
Almost war but not peace...(lol)
Jen

nancy said...

I think the operative terms here are 'social skills' and 'mixed company. Yes.
Thanks to subvet and his 'colleagues for sacrificing normalcy for our protection!
Nancy

Stephanie D said...

Thanks for the volunteers!

And yeah, I was afraid of taking the oxpecker thing a little too far--though I was rolling on the floor the first time I saw the word!

Then I had to slap myself.