My Husband "Subvet" says that when our first son "Sonshine" was born the sun rose on our world, when our second son "Gator" was born the sun laughed and when our daughter "Sugars" was born all the flowers bloomed. That says it all.

"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...
It's about learning how to dance in the rain."
Anonymous

Your mind is the garden, your
thoughts are the seeds, the harvest can either be flowers or weeds. — William
Wordsworth

Saturday, October 20, 2007

Winners!!

Hooray, I survived this crazy week!

You may remember that our DVD player died during a rather trying day not so long ago. Well the replacement came today and I will be unpacking it tonight! However, in the interim we have re-discovered all of our VHS tapes. In digging through my cabinets of tapes I found 2 Disney Singalong tapes. Which I thought were perfect because in rewatching many of the Disney movies I discovered things that I did not want my kids watching. Even in the Classic ones like Fun and Fancy Free (which has a whole song and dance about showing affection to the woman you love "with a little slap") But don't we all just love the Disney music?? Well, of course all of the songs on these tapes are great, but one song just speaks to me.

Well, YELLS AT ME is more like it! No matter where I am or what I'm doing I've stopped to watch it every time it plays (which is about twice a day!)

So, I thought since EVERYTHING is on youtube these days, I'd just share this with you.


I DARE YOU TO WATCH IT WITH A STRAIGHT FACE!!




I'm a "can't make up my mind" laugher....how about you??


Now, on to the announcements.....


ANSWERS

onomastics - n. (used with a singular verb) the study of the origin, history, and use of proper names.

pavane - n. 1) a stately dance dating from the 16th century. 2) the music for this dance.


We discussed onomastics while we danced the pavane.

Definitions come from my Random House Webster's College Dictionary, copyright 1992.


WINNERS



Silly Goose Award Winners are:

Diane
Onomastics - ono from "one", and mastics, meaning "to chew".

Usage - She's doing good to be onomastic.....you know, chewing with one tooth.

Karen
Pavane......an instrument utilizing your father's silouhette to indicate wind direction that goes on top of your barn. As in, "hey honey, the Pavane indicates that a storm is blowing in from the east. Sure glad we put that on top of the barn!"


Smarty Pants Award Winners are


Pea
onomastics: ooh oooh ooohhhhh I know what this word means!!! It's something to do with names if I remember correctly. A few years ago I was searching the family tree and that word came up often. I think it was that word anyway! lol

pat
pavane-a stately court dance by couples that was introduced from southern Europe into England in the 16th century

Diane
Pavane - I think I know this one. We did a song in choir in high school called "Pavane For Spring", so I'm thinking it's a poem set to music or a particular style of music

Linda
Pavane - I know this one because I used to read too many romance novels set in the 16th - 17th century! It's a slow dance, sort of like a waltz, that was mostly done by royalty as it's very stately and high-brow.



I must say it was great having so many new folks play this week! Y'all come on back next Thursday and play again! Special thanks to Linda and Jen for the publicity, and Diane for creating the awards.

6 comments:

Linda said...

I absolutely loved the Pavane answer that Karen gave, that one had me chuckling even last night when I was thinking about it!

Thanks for my Smarty Pants award, I shall have to do a post about how incredibly intelligent I am - ha!

Pen of Jen said...

The winners of the silly goose had me laughing when I saw them!!

Good contest again! Can't wait until next week.'


Believe it or not my Second loved the Disney sing alongs and this was one of his favorites... (we had about 8 of the sing along videos)

Crazy how lame they are now!

Diane@Diane's Place said...

I enjoyed reading everyone's contributions this week. And I can't believe I placed in both competitions!

Thanks, MM. :o)

Have a great Sunday!

Love and hugs,

Diane

Stephanie D said...

Congrats to this week's winners! I look forward to each Thurs.

And congrats to surviving the week, Mightymom! You are SUCH an overachiever!

Carole Burant said...

Yeaaaaa I'm a smarty pants!! hehe So, I did remember that word right! lol Thank you so much MM, it was fun:-) I loved that video, I remember that part so well from the movie, one of my favourites. xox

Heather K said...

I don't know about all you smarty pants....but that laughing video was great...that's a cute movie if I'm remembering correctly!