My Husband "Subvet" says that when our first son "Sonshine" was born the sun rose on our world, when our second son "Gator" was born the sun laughed and when our daughter "Sugars" was born all the flowers bloomed. That says it all.

"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...
It's about learning how to dance in the rain."
Anonymous

Your mind is the garden, your
thoughts are the seeds, the harvest can either be flowers or weeds. — William
Wordsworth

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Sonshine Quotes.

As I said yesterday, Subvet had a little wreck in our only car. We had it towed home and it now sits looking very sad and crumpled in our driveway awaiting the ins adjuster. Sonshine saw the van and said he wanted to go in the car. I said we couldn't because it was broken. He replies, "Daddy fix the batteries. I want to go in car!" AAH, if only it were as simple as changing the batteries! This got me to thinking about other things this 3 1/2 year old says that makes me smile. As a part of his delay issues he will get a phrase or word he's heard stuck in his head and it will be repeated at odd times throughout his day. Remember the saying that little pitchers have big ears?? Well, they forgot to mention the enormous mouth that's attached!! So, here are a few things we've heard at precisely the wrong moment.
"Oh, for crying out loud."
"Stupid is as stupid does."
"Good Rip, Daddy, Good rip." (after Daddy passes gas)
"Baby Sister eating passy." (pacifier)
"Kitty spanking my hand."
"Jesus, Mary and Joseph!!"
"I can not believe it!"
"Daddy sleeping." followed by loud snoring sounds
And the funniest of all (to me) is that now every morning Sonshine puts in his breakfast order. When Subvet or I open the door to the boys' room every morning, Sonshine starts by saying "We have pancakes for breakfast." or "We have donut holes for breakfast" or "We have chocolate cookies for breakfast."
For some reason, he never asks for eggs and milk.

Go figure.

3 comments:

Pen of Jen said...

I am reading from recent post to here, so forgive me...


I am still cracking up!!!!!I love kids, they humble us all don't they? Since I had 3 boys before my daughter, I heard the gas thing too, finally I asked my husband how to reference this body sound in Spanish,

I then taught the boys to say it in Spanish, so only we knew what they were discussing! I had to curb this because being boys sounds are high on their list of priorities.Trust me at 18,15, and 14 they dont quit!

If I can ask, you mentioned delays about your son, what kind? I am only asking because of my kids. Maybe if I am too nosy stop me, I am not trying to be.

Oh well, one can always tell when I like a blog, as I write war and peace comments. Forgive me.
Jennifer

MightyMom said...

Hey, I've been doing this for almost 3 weeks now and have a vast readership of 5 (counting you) I LOVE War and Peace comments!! And I'm thrilled you like my blog. I think I referenced Sonshine's issues in an old post..or maybe it was a comment on someone else's blog..I've got a bad case of MommyBrain. Anyway, he hasn't been diagnosed with anything other than speech delay, motor delay and lack of coordination. However, he has many attributes that are similar to Asperger's Syndrome, a mild form of Autisim. His Developmental Pedi says he's on the border of what's considered normal. So whatever diagnosis we end up with will be mild, in the mean time my goal is to work as hard as I can now so that he won't have to work so hard to "fit in" later in life.
Oh, and how do you refer to gas in Spanish? I haven't learned that one. :-)

jennifer said...

Could I have your first name to put on my blog roll~please?(it's ok if I can't)

From the other comment about premies, we have alot in common, all of mine were early, including 4th at 30 weeks, 3rd at 32 weeks, 1st at 32 weeks and 2nd at 34 weeks! I can seem to grow them any longer!!!

The reason I asked is because my second had symptoms that could plug into all kinds of disabilities, yet wasn't an exact match. His speech was on target until he was 18 months old and received immunizations. Then he stopped speaking for 2 years, and then his speech was very delayed. His motor skills were not on target either. But as a home school mom, I researched all I could, and refused to give in on a label.

I eliminated the sweets, and added natural sugars, and healthy snacks. I also incorporated lots of exercise. You would be so surprised at how much determination assist in any situation.

I realized that I cannot wish that the children can become anything other than they can become. So we work on the premise that do your very best, and nothing less. The best is NOT what we as a society has set, but personal milestones.

Oh well...as to the word...petho(I may spell it wrong, but that is gas) Sorry to have such a dual language ability in the goofy words, such is life!
Jennifer