My Husband "Subvet" says that when our first son "Sonshine" was born the sun rose on our world, when our second son "Gator" was born the sun laughed and when our daughter "Sugars" was born all the flowers bloomed. That says it all.

"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...
It's about learning how to dance in the rain."
Anonymous

Your mind is the garden, your
thoughts are the seeds, the harvest can either be flowers or weeds. — William
Wordsworth

Thursday, June 21, 2007

Fresh Produce

UMmmm, My Dad and Step-mother kept the kids for awhile today, as we left their house they offered us some "fresh produce" from their garden. As a result I have just finished the 1st half of my dinner. It was a cucumber and a tomato with Ranch dressing. Yes I know that this is not a great thing for a nursing mother to eat. But, hey, can YOU turn it down?? Tomatoes from the garden. Picked yesterday or today, ripe and juicy. Simple pleasures!! In about 15 minutes the bread that Subvet made earlier will be done and I'll have the 2nd half of dinner. Warm bread fresh from the oven (or in this case the bread maker) with real butter. Ha, beat that!!

God has given me many joys in my life. Some are complex beyond my understanding, like the Internet. But the sweetest ones are the simplest by far. Such as having truly fresh produce and homemade bread while holding a sleeping baby.

Such are the greatest gifts of God.

No comments: