My Husband "Subvet" says that when our first son "Sonshine" was born the sun rose on our world, when our second son "Gator" was born the sun laughed and when our daughter "Sugars" was born all the flowers bloomed. That says it all.

"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...
It's about learning how to dance in the rain."
Anonymous

Your mind is the garden, your
thoughts are the seeds, the harvest can either be flowers or weeds. — William
Wordsworth

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Technical difficulties

A friend emailed me and said that when she pulled up my blog she got a virus warning that shut down her Internet and rebooted it.
Now, Lisa mentioned in a post that she got a similar email from a friend of hers, even though several of us had NO troubles at all accessing her site. I'm thinking that there must be a virus going around that is bringing this screen. A virus on the viewers computer.
I know that before we ditched the POS antivirus and went back to Norton hubby got something similar on our comp that no one else did when accessing a particular site. PC doc visit (cookie deletion etc) switch back to Norton and all's been well ever since.

So if you can pull me up without having to dodge spyware bullets would ya leave me a message? I've lost so many regular commentors lately I'm getting a little lonely put here! (most due to either family or computer issues)

Thanks.

8 comments:

Sara said...

All clear from here! :-)

Anonymous said...

No virus warnings on my computer. (I run Mcefee)

Mike Golch said...

there is a nasty one running around that is piggyingbacking blogs. I got nailed by it.that's the bad news,the Good news is that I did not encounter any problems opening up you blog.

Linda said...

Okay then, this time I clicked on the explanation page for the warning and apparently it has to do with some sort of virus piggybacking on rpc.blogrolling.com or something like that. Supposedly there was some sort of problem within the last 90 days of some sort but after reading that I decided - what the heck - I'll try visiting over here anyway and so far - so good. When I got the warning last night and got booted off the Internet, I immediately ran my anti-virus program and it looked like everything was clean so it may just be something that Google Chrome is now doing (I switched over from Firefox quite some time ago as Google Chrome is much faster).

Anyhow, I'm here and it seems to be clear and let's hope that's that. It just looks like I'm going to have to clear that first screen every time I come by to visit from now on! Ah well, you're worth the extra trouble!

A Bit of the Blarney said...

No problem! Cathy

Lisa said...

No problem, Sarah. &:o) At least we can read each other's blogs! (Well, I can until my laptop has a narcoleptic episode, anyway... But new puter coming this week! Woohoo!) But,do I understand right that the only real cure here is for the reader who's having trouble to get a better antivirus program? There's nothing we can do, is there, if we are the one with the virus piggybacking on our blog?

Stephanie D said...

You're loading just fine on my computer!

Stephanie D said...

You're loading just fine on my computer!