My Husband "Subvet" says that when our first son "Sonshine" was born the sun rose on our world, when our second son "Gator" was born the sun laughed and when our daughter "Sugars" was born all the flowers bloomed. That says it all.

"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...
It's about learning how to dance in the rain."
Anonymous

Your mind is the garden, your
thoughts are the seeds, the harvest can either be flowers or weeds. — William
Wordsworth

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Answers, responses, goals,stuff.....ya know, a blog post.

Well, when I enabled comment moderation I found it easier to answer comments by email. Since all my spam came on OLD posts I've changed the moderation to only the OLD posts. So, I guess I should respond to y'all, huh?


About that job, we're waiting for a start date and a couple book keeping details. So keep praying. I love what SherryTex said in my comments about this job opportunity:

"God draws straight with crooked lines. I met Shelley because Zoe (Shelley's daughter)had a trach and I had had one. Zoe and Faith (Sherry's daughter) became fast friends at the school and Shelley and I did too. I met you because of the blog and the story of Paul (Sherry's son with Down's Syndrome) and your children, and so when she moved to your neck of the woods, I wanted you two to meet (via facebook). Now, providence, Zoe needs a nurse --and Shelley could use the break! and lo, the two of you have met --The Holy Spirit guides us in all things. I've had my day made."

Good Lord willing I will be one of Zoe's full time night nurses. I AM excited!! (Keep Praying!) The awesome thing is that this job, unlike most, will be an enormous blessing to both me and my employer (Shelley)!


Linda mentioned the size of my Mommie Quilt. Yes, it IS huge-E-mongus!! It's between queen and king size, but long. Long enough to go from headboard to the floor, over the pillows! When I made it I didn't pay attention to size, more to fitting all the elements of my kids' infancy into it and making it look balanced. I expect it to take a year or so to quilt!

To Lisa, this job and potty training my younger two has been my novena to St Terese!! :-) always glad for the added prayers. And don't worry, my kids aren't allowed ANYWHERE NEAR the tool box. But thanks for the mental picture ;-P

Funny thing, my hubby says he remembers playing "Jesus" in the same way...complete with loin cloth/towel...at about that age. Right up until his Dad told him to quit it because he was freaking his Mom out....


So, I figure this year's Christmas gifts will take 5 steps to complete
1) cutting the little pieces
2) cutting the big pieces
3) gluing
4) assembling
5) quilting

I am now about 1/2 way through step 1. yippeee!!

So, my goals for this week:
finish steps 1&2 on Christmas gifts
get to the gym at least once (I haven't been since 9/12!!!)
post a Thesaurus Thursday game
answer the 2 meme's that I've been tagged for recently


We'll see how I do. And how about you? What are your goals for the week??

4 comments:

ellen b. said...

Praying for all to work out for you...Blessings.

Linda said...

The job sounds like it is heaven sent!

I'd love a quilt that was that big as they just never seem to quite cover everything on the bed. And I'm not at all surprised it's going to take you over a year!

I do comment moderation after the first day and that seems to work out well for me - hope it does for you, too!

A Bit of the Blarney said...

Well, as always my goals are tentative. Organizing the garage is slow!!! Need to start a baby afghan but not sure yet what color...Wishing you well and continued prayers. Cathy

Stephanie D said...

Not even thinking about Christmas yet. Well, except for the stocking stuffers I bought this week.