My Husband "Subvet" says that when our first son "Sonshine" was born the sun rose on our world, when our second son "Gator" was born the sun laughed and when our daughter "Sugars" was born all the flowers bloomed. That says it all.

"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...
It's about learning how to dance in the rain."
Anonymous

Your mind is the garden, your
thoughts are the seeds, the harvest can either be flowers or weeds. — William
Wordsworth

Friday, September 10, 2010

Friday Fragments


Created by Mrs 4444, Friday Fragments are bits and pieces of your week that are usually brief; too short for a stand-alone post, but too good to discard. Collect humorous observations, "Heard" items, and other small gems and put them together in a Friday Fragments post.

oh crap, I only posted ONCE since last Friday! and I wonder why my hits are falling through the basement??!!!!


To Sugars' Preschool teacher....
Me=Momma, you=Not-the-Momma, don't tell me how to potty train my child! This AIN'T my first rodeo people!!!!!!

and I quote "if they're in training pants that's NOT potty training!! when you want to start potty training her, put her in panties. I want this done by January"
give me a freeakkkingggg break!!!!!!

Of course if said teacher would take her to the potty MORE than ONCE A DAY it might help her keep those training pants dry!
aarrrrggghhhhh
Today was Grandparent's Day for First Grade, and Homecoming in my tiny town....
so, we......


Had Grannie come and read Sonshine's FAVORITE book to his class, Epossumondas by Coleen Salley.

Seriously folks, if you've ever known someone from Louisiana, check out these books! Terrific reads for children.


As you can see Grannie dressed up as Epossumondas' Momma for storytime.


Then when story time was over but we were waiting for school to let out she read one of the other five books in the Epossumondas series. Sonshine wasn't the only one who thought these were awesomely cool books!

At home while waiting till time to pick up Sugars from preschool we read another of the books.....

Then it was on to the Homecoming Parade!


Great things about small town parades....

1) chances are you know people on most of the floats, in the firetrucks, in the band, riding the horses etc...

2) you get a curb view no matter where you are on the route.



And, 3) special kudos to the two boys (about 10-12 I'd guess) who stood on either side of us. I've never seen 2 kids go so far out of their way UNASKED to make sure my little guys got some of each candy thrown. To the point of gathering it all up, then dividing it between their, Sonshine's and Gator's bags for them!! Y'all are AWESOME boys!!!! Made my heart melt.

of course, it was hard to tell the melting heart from the rest of my melting body...

Which is why number

4) is small town parades are SHORT! only about 20 min long! Which is all I cared for between the noise and the heat!!

:-)

What a wonderful day.

How's your friday going?

1 comment:

Stephanie D said...

Glad you all didn't drown out there!

Sheesh, what a bossy teacher!